Anyone steam dirty hair?

yodie

Does anyone apply conditioner on dirty hair, sit under the steamer and then wash?

If so, how is it working for you?
Thanks.

No I have never done that but in my opinion I want clean hair and scalp when I put my DC on and steam. I dont want to steam in any dirt into my hair.

I was thinking the same thing, but I know that some people dc on dry hair. So, just wondered if anyone steamed this way.

Thanks.

I guess that is what I do. I always put my DC on dry hair, steam it in, then wash.

So far it is working very well for me.:look:

I've never Steamed on Dry Hair.....May Have to attempt that at some point.:look:

I Always Steam (DC Treatment) after Co-Washing.:lick:

Thanks ladies. I haven't used my steamer in awhile. I have it buried in the closet somewhere. Not good!

I have a sew in and figured I didn't need it. My hair probably really needs it.

Taking my steamer out of the closet.

Wouldn'y you be steaming the dirt into your scalp and hair? I know I do deep cons on dry hair sometimes with a heat cap but my hair would be no dirtier than 4 days old.

Hmmm, I don't know. Wouldn't people be dcing dirt into their hair as well?

Well, if nothing else, I'm gonna give my hair a good steam treatment this wk

What kind of steamer are you ladies using? I'm thinking of purchasing one.

Your hair is beautiful.

I purchased an inexpensive table top one from China. Never dawned on me that I'd have to buy a converter for the wattage. :nono:

All is well and it works.

I don't use a steamer but I do pre soak
Take conditioner (a light one like suave naturals or gvp)
under plastic cap and then 30mins later wash
It makes it easier to cleanse and no stripping

@taz007 I do dry DC's like you and I'm getting a steamer. Is steaming on 'dirty' hair still working for you?

Nix08,

I have totally neglected my hair for the last 9 months. However, I do plan on getting back into the hair game soon and I plan on DCing on dry hair again because it was working. :yep:

I do HOTs with a steamer pre-wash. I very lightly mist the hair, apply mix oil blend, and sit under the steamer for around 20 minutes. I let it sit for another 20 minutes and then I wash it. I've only been doing it for a few weeks, but my hair loves it and it's rapidly becoming a new staple :yep:. Also, it cuts my total wash/condition time down to 60-75 minutes, which is great during the week.

Back