Anyone read the hair care Q&A on concreteloop?

lilsparkle825

I saw it earlier today, and I have to admit some of the stuff made me really mad -- of course, it was more the questions being asked than the answers being given. The comments are interesting too. We get so wrapped up in LHCF talk, or at least I do, that I forget that a lot of people still ask such questions.

Oh, someone threw in a plug for LHCF in there too...not sure how I feel about that.

Click here if you are interested in reading.

Ok I have a bit of an issue with Ursula's answers. She is not answering some of the questions. She is just a stylist ( someone who styles hair not care for hair). Why do I have the odd feeling she knows nothing about hair care.

EXAMPLE:

Q: Hi Usula, my name’s Mia and I’m trying to grow my hair longer. I have very curly hair and I’m natural but I was wondering how do you grow your hair longer. I’ve read about putting your hair in buns to make it grow, but do you know if this is true? Also, do you know any no heat styling techniques to get wavy hair? Thank you!

A: To achieve a wavy look with a heat styling tool-take a small section of the hair and using a big barrell curling iron, curl in a spiral motion and pull the curl out before the hair cools with your fingers.

:rolleyes:

Source: http://concreteloop.com/2009/01/cl-exclusive-ursula-answers-your-questions-vol-3

Last edited:
I guess you can expect those types of questions from people who don't know about proper haircare, we get them everytime a Newbie Join, And they probably just thought she knew about haircare because she is a celebrity stylist, which haircare and styling don't go hand in hand with many stylist.

Ok I have a bit of an issue with Ursula's answers. She is not answering some of the questions. She is just a stylist ( someone who styles hair not care for hair). Why do I have the odd feeling she knows nothing about hair care.

EXAMPLE:

Q: Hi Usula, my name’s Mia and I’m trying to grow my hair longer. I have very curly hair and I’m natural but I was wondering how do you grow your hair longer. I’ve read about putting your hair in buns to make it grow, but do you know if this is true? Also, do you know any no heat styling techniques to get wavy hair? Thank you!

A: To achieve a wavy look with a heat styling tool-take a small section of the hair and using a big barrell curling iron, curl in a spiral motion and pull the curl out before the hair cools with your fingers.

Source: http://concreteloop.com/2009/01/cl-exclusive-ursula-answers-your-questions-vol-3
I saw that. I had to reread it 4 times to make sure I wasn't the one who was off.
I guess you can expect those types of questions from people who don't know about proper haircare, we get them everytime a Newbie Join, And they probably just thought she knew about haircare because she is a celebrity stylist, which haircare and styling don't go hand in hand with many stylist.
Right...this is what I realized...I just...ugh. Some things should be common knowledge, and I wonder why they have to hear them from a "celebrity stylist" to believe them.

EXAMPLE:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Wow, dude! Just ...wow...because WTH seems too rude for this group, but seriously, are you G-D kidding me? This is what passes for professional advice? No wonder I have been on the DIY tip! I think I could put a pair of scissors in my cat's paws and get an off-center "stylist" cut. Damn!!

Wow, dude! Just ...wow...because WTH seems too rude for this group, but seriously, are you G-D kidding me? This is what passes for professional advice? No wonder I have been on the DIY tip! I think I could put a pair of scissors in my cat's paws and get an off-center "stylist" cut. Damn!!

Lawd have mercy - I agree with you 100%

:lachen:I am thinking my about my kitty!!! This is so funny!!

Back