Anyone pressing , although............

honeycomb719

they also have a relaxer? I ask because I haven't been getting my hair as straight as I would like since I switched to lye relaxers. So lately,(past 3 weeks) I've been pressing my hair weekly after I wash so that while I wear my clip on ponytails the hair looks nice and smoothed up into the ponytail. (I'm I making any sense?)
Do anyone do this , or I'm I the only dumby doing this? Do you think I'm doing more harm then good? I haven't had any breakage since I started doing this but, don't want to wait til trouble strikes then regret my actions and then come crying to you all for advice. As far as heat goes this is all the heat my hair gets. I blow dry, but w/ cool air w/ a heat protectant.

Any advice is welcome
look.gif
TIA

Hmmm,

I wouldn't do it. Usually people who have relaxers are expressly told not to press, or if they must, only to touch up the roots, and not that often. The heat is way too intense for hair that has been relaxed. Also, even though my hair is natural, I don't press every week. Every 2 weeks would be the most I would even do, and even then, I don't constantly keep a press, I have to give it a break.

You might not see the damage now, but very shortly, you could end up with quite a bit of damage. Try a roller set with and maybe occasionally run a warm ceramic flat iron over the sections (use a heat protectant). You should even be very cautious about the flat-iron, though, but that could even do damage. HTH

I had no success doing rollersets
frown.gif
, My hair is so spongy and cottony at the roots that, they don't get straight, just the ends, and I end up w/ a HAFRO(Afro w/hair on ends)
shocked.gif
. I only done them twice, but I'm not left w/ a straight effect, less not on the roots any way
frown.gif
. I'm basically at a lost because I'm trying to do the protective thing(wearing the ponytails) but will look ridiculous w/ a straight ponytail hanging and my roots looking so kinky.

Back