Anyone Need a Little Inspiration? Check Out My 3+ Week Hair Progress!!

caribgirl

Hi Sistas,

It's only been less than 4 weeks since I started my obsession, oh I mean hair research :grin: and yes, I know that I have been quite naughty: 1. I used Marcherieamour's awesome blowdrying and silk wrap tips after I promised not to use any heat until Xmas (couldn't help it- her hair and skills are so awesome!!) and 2: I'm showing my hair when I purposefully vowed to HTH until Xmas :look:. But pls forgive me b/c I'm so excited :woot:about my hair progress that hopefully I can use my selfishness and encourage at least one lady today:lachen:.

Pls. check out my fotki for my comparison pictures. If it weren't for all of you ladies (esp. Sistaslick and her articles which caught my attention initially), I would still be in the dark with tore-up hair!!!:eek2:

And you better believe that as soon as I took these pics, I ran for my moisturizer, EVOO, and my baggies- I was terrified that my hair would fall out in under 1sec. flat. :ohwell:
Thanks Ladies!!

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies,

I believe that my increase in thickness and length is due to my vitamins and moisture moisture moisture including con washes, moisturizing lotions and bagging my ends (thanks brzezn07 and McElwee-Wife). I had no idea that my hair really needed the moisturizing treatment. Honestly, I was just buying products that would strengthen my hair not knowing that I had protein overload all the time! So I guess my hair is becoming balanced. It has a lot of NG and I'm breaking out the S-curl to zap that happy growth (thanxs loveya4ever).
Regimen includes 2 con washes with one shampoo per week with one of the which I alternate with CON or paul mitchell clarifying shampoo. I also DC every week with ORS hair mayo or ORS replenishing pac. I Con wash with EVOO, nexxus humectress, peppermint oil, and rose water. I warm the cocktail and wear it for 1 hr. w/ a processing cap or for 20 min with a conditioning heated cap. I airdry almost always after applying ORS OO or NTM moisturizer, WGO and EVOO on ends and hairline and bagging with EVOO and WGO. I've been wearing a half wig since I started so my baggies are hidden throughout the day. I used the henna and placenta pac that I got at sally's last week and I loved it too. I will be trying out cassia and BT this weekend.
I take vita-alert mutlitvitamins, hf 37, silica 2x, msm 3000mg, 1 equate protein skake every morning( I just lost 40 lbs and I need to never go back to that weight-ever:nono: and 6-8c of water per day.

Big ups to Mooks, Strandz, and all of my fotki friends and LHC ladies who inspire and encourage me. Much luv :grin:!!!

Congrats on your growth and thanks for not keeping this under wraps with the HYH challenge until December. I really needed to see this. Awesome. Go Girl!!!

Girl!!! That is wonderful!! You are doing the damn thang:grin: You have wonderful progress all around, You got your Health in order, Your Hair and Looking all good, You are a wonderful Inspiration!!!!!! Keep it up!!!

You're doing an awesome job! I can't imagine how much growth you'll have once you start using BT consistently. Keep it up!

Back