Anyone In Nyc Or Long Island?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hey guys if anyone is interested in getting their hair done at a deeply discounted price at my beauty school? I also can give a extra percentage off if you can come at the time I'm scheduled. I do not benefit monetarily from this but I would gain more experience with natural and relaxed hair.

If any one is seriously interested please pm me. You may also feel free to ask me questions in this thread.

Thanks guys!

Are they teaching anything about natural hair at all? I know they usually skip right over us in beauty school.

What's your straightening process like? I might be down.

What services are provided.

Where is the school

Is what u learn in school congruent with what we KNOW on LHCF?

Rollersets, blowouts,relaxers, keratin treatment, color, hair cuts, deep conditioning, permanent waving and dry curl are the most services I can think of on the top of my head.

The school is in Hempstead.

This school pretty much teaches the basics needed to pass state board. They give you a foundation and it's up to the individual stylist to take the next level. So skills really depends on the person doing the hair.

Are they teaching anything about natural hair at all? I know they usually skip right over us in beauty school.

What's your straightening process like? I might be down.

The curriculum is mostly focused on Caucasian hair but we do get clients of different ethnicities. Majority black though so we gain experience with natural hair that way.

My straightening routine is as follows:

Shampoo 2x and scalp massage
Deep conditioner or rinse is added
Hair is detangled and rinsed clean
Towel dry
Apply heat protecting leave in
Comb to distribute
Section
Blowdry
Apply serum
Flat iron in small sections
Light spritz of finishing spray

I only use high quality hair products but the shampoo and conditioners are provided by the school. Hth

Depends on which borough. But I think you likely won't spend more than $17 unless you are coming from Staten Island.

For me it's higher because I have to cross the GWB/Lincoln or Holland plus Whitestone or Throngs Neck bridge

I'm in Jersey just over the GWB and would come if you were in the boroughs but Hempstead is like $30 in tolls. :-(
Wow that's is too high! It's like the money you save will still end up being spent! I do plan on working in queens though. Hopefully that will come true.

Hey @Napp !! I haven't been active on the boards for a while but I live in Baldwin, not too far from you at all! I am natural 4a/3c I would say. Please PM me the relevant info :wave:

Back