Anyone here wear braids? If so, r/o/p & TIA

morehairplease

how do you wash and condition your hair? Do you use regular poo? How often do you poo and co/cw your hair? I tried searching for 'braid care guide' and no luck...does something along those lines exist on the fourms? I remember someone posting last year about braid care but I can't find it now. Any suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated & welcomed!

thanks in advance ladies

It depends on what type of braids I'm wearing. Cornrows and singles: CON shampoo and motions leave in conditioner. Sometimes I'll use use suave or vo5 conditioner and make sure I rinse really good. For the other braids that I wear I use a shampoo that doesn't have conditioner in it because I don't want them to slip and then I'll spray my leave in conditioner on my hair.

mahoganee said:
It depends on what type of braids I'm wearing. Cornrows and singles: CON shampoo and motions leave in conditioner. Sometimes I'll use use suave or vo5 conditioner and make sure I rinse really good. For the other braids that I wear I use a shampoo that doesn't have conditioner in it because I don't want them to slip and then I'll spray my leave in conditioner on my hair.

thanks mahoganee! this may sound like a silly question but do you let your hair air dry or do you sit under a dryer? TIA

mahoganee said:

I also spray the leave in conditioner on my hair, and wash the braids with diluted shampoo once a week.

Back