Anyone here have oily scalp and hair

Britt

Does anyone here have an oily scalp and their hair gets oily/moisturized quickly? Anyone not need to moisturize daily or even much at all? I feel like it's not that many of us. Anyone wash their hair and a day or two later they touch their scalp and you can feel the oil on it? I rarely see many of us who have this problem and it's usually quite the opposite.

If I go an entire week w/o washing my hair, by day 6/7 my scalp is super oily and my hair itself is flat and greasy :nono: - and this is w/o any product on the hair itself, just on my edges and nape.

If your hair is like this how often do you wash it? I realize that it's best if I go back to washing 2x/week cause after a few days my head smells oily and just not clean. I didn't realize it all this time that this was the issue cause I'm so used to hearing that our hair is usually dry. But people who I see with hair that tends to be on the dryer side, they can easily go a good two weeks w/o washing and their hair isn't as flat and their scalps are actually dry. I just washed my hair on Sat and as I scratch my scalp at my desk I can see a little gunk under my nails and when I rub my finger across my scalp my finger tip is a little greasy. I did this to my SO's dd who hasn't had her hair washed in at least a week and her hair still smells clean and she just had a few dandruff flakes but her hair and scalp were on the dryer side.

Me! Me! Me! I only apply a quarter size of oil to my wrap after I take out my rollers. Than, no other oil. My day 2/3 my hair feels stringy. My hair is happier when I wash 2/3 times a week.

Me! Me! Me! I only apply a quarter size of oil to my wrap after I take out my rollers. Than, no other oil. My day 2/3 my hair feels stringy. My hair is happier when I wash 2/3 times a week.

LAWD it's not only me :lol: ! Me too, ideally my hair feels best if I wash it 2 -3x/wk. and it's with a light poo. If I use oil I also wouldn't use more than that amount on my entire head either. If I could, I'd wash more frequently, but sometimes air drying can be a pain and when I'm deep in a stretch my new growth is more manageable if I blow dry the roots some, def can't do that too often. I also shed a whole lot more the longer I go w/o cleaning my scalp. Is that normal?

When I first joined the board yearsssssssssssss ago, I'd wash/co wash sometimes every other day or 3x/week and my scalp felt soo fresh, my friends and fam would look at me like I'm crazy for washing my hair that often. If I had a twa I'd be a cowashing fool :lol:

Back