Anyone heard of cirugía capilar?

melahnee

I had this treatment done by my stylist. Anyone ever have it done or even know what it is?? I can’t find anything about this on google that’s written in English. This treatment has made my hair very soft and easy to manage… I love it. It reminds me of the way a relaxer behaves, but she said it isn’t a relaxer or a keratin treatment. But?? I can see the difference in my roots growing out. it’s easy to manage— I can wrap it while it’s damp and it looks like I just got my hair blown out when I let it down. Not only that.. my hair has been retaining easier than I ever have in my life. My natural hair has always been a humongous pain to deal with and I haven’t been able to pass MBL since I was a little girl. I’m well on my way now, at last.

I’ve only had the keratin treatment done before (at least 7 years ago) and i actually regretted it. Not sure if the person who did it (yt) messed up somewhere along the way, but that had actually scared me away from ever trying any more chemical treatments.

so I was just wondering, anyone ever try this?

Can you give more details on how it is applied/works? It seems to be in the same family as Keratin and Hair Botox treatments
Thank you for replying! She first applied it on my towel-dried hair section by section. She’ll have me sit under the dryer for maybe half an hour. It has a strong smell. Then she’ll blow dry and straighten it. She said not to shampoo it for a week. When I finally get to washing it, it’s very smooth and almost straight. I have noticed that it seems to sort of “wash out” after many shampoos, but it hasn’t gone back to my original pattern since I first had it done.. though I’ve been pretty consistent getting it done every 3-4 months. It’s been amazing for me.

I think it’s the Hair Botox. Thank you so much.
It sounds like a strong form of hair botox. Botox left my hair slightly loosened with frizz reduction but this form seems to significantly straighten your hair. It's nice to hear you like this relaxer alternative. When she does the treatment does she do the whole strands or just focuses on the root?

It sounds like a strong form of hair botox. Botox left my hair slightly loosened with frizz reduction but this form seems to significantly straighten your hair. It's nice to hear you like this relaxer alternative. When she does the treatment does she do the whole strands or just focuses on the root?
Yes, after the first several washes, it’s still pretty straight/slight waves. The frizz comes back more than anything else, but it’s so much easier to control than my natural hair. She definitely focuses the most on the root, but she does actually do the entire strand. I had to figure out what this was in case I ever lose her because it has been a saving grace for me!! If I had known straightening treatments would make my life this much easier, I would have done it long ago tbh.

Yes, after the first several washes, it’s still pretty straight/slight waves. The frizz comes back more than anything else, but it’s so much easier to control than my natural hair. She definitely focuses the most on the root, but she does actually do the entire strand. I had to figure out what this was in case I ever lose her because it has been a saving grace for me!! If I had known straightening treatments would make my life this much easier, I would have done it long ago tbh.
Do you know what's in it? I tried the BKT years ago but was turned off after learning some of them have formaldehyde.

Back