Anyone have Problems with Buildup???

myronnie

So on Saturday I deep conditioned overnight with GVP Conditioning Balm (straight..I don't have my elaborate hair care right now it's at college) and rinsed it out, shampooed with Redken Smooth Down (LOVE) and detangled with Aussie Moist conditioner. I airdried my hair and it was a icky greasy thin mess :wallbash: I tried to rinse out the conditioner as much as possible and the shampoo even has sulfates in it!

Needless to say I had to shampoo again (without deep conditioning..just prepooing) with Redken Smooth Down, conditioned with Aussie Moist and then rinsed as much as I could..I even rinsed my hair in the sink to get down to the roots. :rolleyes:
Airdried my hair tonight and NIGHT AND DAY my hair is so thick that I could hardly put it in a bun..
Does anyone else have these problems with buildup?? How do you solve them..?
I think my hair is really sensitive to product buildup and will begin to look thin and the slightest overdose.

If I have build up issues I do as above but do you have hard water where you are? that may be the cause of product build up. I never had that problem til I moved to a hard water location and even with a filter its difficult. Maybe try using a cream rinse conditioner or oil rinsing for moisture instead of normal conditioner?

I clarify kinda sorta on a schedule because I'm not sure how to tell if I have buildup only if it's super obvious like for example ors pak gave me some nasty buildup awhile back

My front hairline is prone to build up especially around the bottom of hair shaft. I might have to either cut out the co-washes or shampoo my front hairline regularly or something.

Can’t figure my hair out the front bit is forever dry or has build up or breaking or something:wallbash:

It sounds like you are using way too many silicone products. I have stopped using medium to heavy silicone on my hair and have improve no only my moisture retention, but my hair is free from build-up. Maybe you should give your hair a good clarifying shampoo, and cut back on non water soluble cones.

I clarify on a schedule just to make sure that build up is not affecting how my hair responds to product. Sometimes I notice the buildup too late and damage may already be done. So Ive started clarifying approximately every three to four weeks.

Back