Anyone have a soft bonnet dryer??

blasiancurlie

I'm trying to retire my flat iron and maybe transition to rollersetting. At first, I was going to air dry but I'm really impatient so I'm thinking in buying a soft bonnet dryer. However, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these dryers and if anyone noticed any heat damage when using these???

TIA

I saw a thread regarding these dryers the other day but I can't seem to find it again....

I have a soft bonnet dryer. I go it from Walmart but I forgot the name of it.
I really love it! I allows me to kick back & relax while drying my hair. Most of the time I fall asleep. I haven't expeerienced any damage from using it.

I have one from vidal sassoon and I love it, so far I haven't noticed any damage but I always use it on the lowest setting.

I have a Vidal Sasson bonnet hair dryer. It's pretty good. I can sit and relax while waiting for my hair to dry. No heat damage. The only thing I dont like it that it takes forever to dry my hair sometimes.

I have the Select Pro Gold that I got from Walmart. The soft bonnet is pretty big and durable, so it can be used for rollersets. I use it for deep conditioning.

My ION Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer (or "dope a$$ space helmet as MisterMan likes to call it) was one of the best things I could have ever bought for my hair. :grin:

I bought a Gold 'N Hot 2 weeks ago and is isn't designed well. The bonnet is difficult to tie and you can feel the air coming out of it. I returned it and bought a Carel. For whatever reason the Sally's I went to said it was for deep conditioning only. I had done my research first and saw some ladies on LHCF had used it for rollersets. I asked the woman why does it say it's only for deep conditioning when on the box it clearly said it could be used for rollersets. I handed her the box and she said "It's not good for anyone who doesn't have fine hair"...and she act liked she didn't want to give it back to me (My hair was out in its very curly state). I was like"...okay...can I have the box back so I can keep looking at it?"...I thought it was pretty rude to assume I didn't have fine hair just because it's not naturally straight. Actually my hair is fine and it worked just fine. So the point is don't trust them...a Carel works just fine on rollersets as well...for me anyways. Also I don't think it will cause much heat damage because it's only about 350 watts, which is a lot less powerful than many hard bonnet dryers which are around 1200 watts (that's one of the resons why I purchased a soft bonnet instead of a hard bonnet dryer).

Last edited:
I bought a Gold 'N Hot 2 weeks ago and is isn't designed well. The bonnet is difficult to tie and you can feel the air coming out of it. I returned it and bought a Carel. For whatever reason the Sally's I went to said it was for deep conditioning only. I had done my research first and saw some ladies on LHCF had used it for rollersets. I asked the woman why does it say it's only for deep conditioning when on the box it clearly said it could be used for rollersets. I handed her the box and she said "It's not good for anyone who doesn't have fine hair"...and she act liked she didn't want to give it back to me (My hair was out in it's very curly state). I was like"...okay...can I have the box back so I can keep looking at it?"...I thought it was pretty rude to assume I didn't have fine hair just because of how it looks. Actually my hair is fine and it worked just fine. So the point is don't trust them...a Carel works just fine on rollersets as well...for me anyways.

Oh wow the bonnet ties over your hair?

With mine all I do I slip the neck band that attaches to the heat source on and slide the bonnet over my head. It inflates and I sit back and relax. It even covers the bonnet rollers for a roller wrap.

Oh wow the bonnet ties over your hair?

With mine all I do I slip the neck band that attaches to the heat source on and slide the bonnet over my head. It inflates and I sit back and relax. It even covers the bonnet rollers for a roller wrap.

The bonnet ties underneath the chin, but the elastic is very odd so it never closes all the way. It doesn't have elastics on the sides.

Back