Anyone go bald?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I give up on my hair. its frutrating wheter relaxed, texturized or natural. im am seriously contemplating cutting it all off. I would like to start with a fresh clean slate. for the people who have went bald did you wear it bald or did you wear wigs until you felt ok to wear it super short.

A long time ago I went almost bald with a super super short fade. I wore wigs when I felt like it but not all the time. It was lots of fun for me. I kept it that short/almost bald for awhile.

Granted at the time I wasn't thinking about growth so much I just got tired of my hair.

One of my best friends at the time went bald and looked amazing. She's still bald as far as I know and it's been like ten years or so.

You know what I realized when I want to give up and that's everytime, I straighten to check length is to keep moisturizing. Even if I'm like "bump this" hair care ish, I still continue to moisturize but I don't obsess. Am I making sense to you??!?! It's like eitherway whether you hate or love your hair at the moment still continue to do what you have to do. Cuz eitherway, whether YOU FEEL its growing or not it still needs to be washed and cared for.

i was thinking if i cut i cant cant obsess about it any more. i dont care about length anymore. at the moment i just dont want hair. at all. but im still going to highschool and only one person went bald because her mother had cancer and cut her hair too. i wish i was doing it for something noble too.:ohwell:

Well... relay for life is coming up... you could say it's for that

I think it's one of two things that will happen, you will be relieved that you cut it, or you will hate it and stress even more because you want it back.

Just wanted to let you know LHCF member Energist went bald once. This is a post she made on another thread:

Post By Energist:I don't mean to sound crazy to you, but shaving your hair off isn't the craziest idea, for I have gone to the hairdresser about 10 or 11 years ago and asked for them to shave it off with only leaving a peach fuzz that they could bleach and dye ash blonde. It was invigorating and I was able to start fresh. That was the first time lol, yes I said first time and I was natural for 7 years until I hit a wall with my natural unruly hair again and had a different stylist cut it all off again about 4 years ago to start fresh with Dominican relaxing and styling. My hair is almost mid back now, so don't ever get discouraged. Hair does grow back, and sometimes it is best to go that extreme so that you can start fresh!

Good luck!

i have thought about doing this....but not until after i make bsl dammit! i have been waiting a LONG time to make BSL........

then maybe shave it off and start fresh.

If you are feeling frustrated with it all...maybe post the problems you are having with your hair and the members can help you. Otherwise I would recommend braids, you dont see the hair, you do have to style it everyday, and might reduce your obession with your hair...My hair is constantly in braids. With a busy schedule at school it helps that I dont have to deal with bad hair days and I dont have to spend too much time in the mirror thinking about which side to comb it that day....I hope chopping will be the last results as once you have shave a section you have to go all the way....:perplexed

Back