Anyone ever used Wonder Max Gro?

Kayanna1212

Hmm this product sounds promising my cousin used it and has past mid back length hair and it is growing.
I just wanted to no if anybody has used this?
Just asking :p

Ingredients: Petrolatum,Lanolin,Beeswax,Shea Butter,Microwa,Lecithin,Vitiam E, Fragrance

Oil Complex:Castor,Macadamia Nut,Pistachio,Coconut,Wheatgerm & Palm

Herbal Complex:Nettle,Rosemary,Ginseng,Indian Hemp,Burdock,Horsetail,ColtsFoot,Comfery,Roseships & ElderFlower

Protein Complex:Brewers Yeast,Kertain Protein

It has no harmful coloring or Chemicals
I think i can deal with the petrolatum
Its in an Orange Jar Its called Max Wonder Gro With Lanolin & beewax you can find it at your local BSS not at sallys
lanolin%20and%20beeswax%20conditioner.jpg

The first two ingrediants are a no-no for me: Petrolatum, Lanolin.
I tend to stay away from any products with the word "Grow" in it; It just seems like the manufacturer is selling a gimmick.
Plus, that packaging makes it look regular ole hair grease. I wouldn't give it a second look at a BSS

But that's just my opinion though. Maybe someone here has tried it with great results :)

I have been using this product for almost ten years now. In my opinion, it is best hair conditioner in the world. I apply if after shampooing and deep conditioning, and because of it, I can simply comb my hair after it air dries.

It truly is an amazing product. It's also great for pressing or flat ironing. And for me, it's the only thing that has ever stopped breakage. I highly recommend that you try this product.

I just found a beauty store that sells it and I plan to go back and buy about 10 more just in case I never see it again.

Did I mention that it has three key ingredients that we need:

Biotin--because it has Brewer's yeast and Brewer's yeast is an excellent source of biotin
Protein
Vitamin E--because of the wheat germ oil, and Wheat Germ oil is loaded with Vitamin E

I have never used this product but just from looking at the ingredients personally I would avoid it because of the Petrolatum and Lanolin. These tend to just sit on top of my hair and make it greasy but not really moisturized.
I prefer butters and oils

angenoir, when I first read that it contains lanolin and petroleum, I thought the same thing as you--stay away.

However, I have been using the product for almost 10 years now. I started using it in September of 2000, and have been using it faithfully since then. Next year, it will be a decade, and I make no plans of stopping.

Believe me, I have tried everything. It is the thing that works on me. I only use it after I finish shampooing or when I am going to flat iron my hair. Other times, I use a different conditioner.

But this product is excellent for flat ironing or pressing. For some reason, it seems to penetrate my hair, and leave it in great condition.

Last edited:
angenoir, when I first read that it contains lanolin and petroleum, I thought the same thing as you--stay away.

However, I have been using the product for almost 10 years now, and I'm only 22 years old. I started using it in September of 2000, and have been using it faithfully since then. Next year, it will be a decade, and I make no plans of stopping.

Believe me, I have tried everything. It is the thing that works on me. I only use it after I finish shampooing or when I am going to flat iron my hair. Other times, I use a different conditioner.

But this product is excellent for flat ironing or pressing. For some reason, it seems to penetrate my hair, and leave it in great condition.

Thanks for this.
Wow. Maybe the blend really is good. If its working for you as you say then perhaps it really is worth a try. I have never seen it in the BSS though - I will keep an eye out.

Yeah, it's hard to find. I wish that other products worked for me. There's this other grease that works for me. It's a type of Indian hemp grease, but that one is also hard to find.

For some reason, grease is the only thing that I can put on my hair. When I put moisturizing products in my hair, it damages it. But thick greases, such as this one or the Indian hemp one, work well for me. But I wash my hair and condition twice a week, so that I can still get some moisture.

I guess everyone is different. What do you use in your hair?

bumping..because I just bought this product today. but its not that reddish one. mines is castor oil and coconut. I havent tried it yet but I'm hoping it works for me.

There are about six formulas. I used their shea butter mega moisture. It's excellent, and it's one of my permanent staples for $4.99 a jar.

The oil versions are much better. They contain the same ingredients minus the petroleum and lanolin and plus they have sulfur.

Back