Anyone ever used Angela de Joseph's Naturalaxer in a Jar?

flautist

Has anyone ever used Angela de Joseph's Naturalaxer In a Jar or her African Wonders product line? I was considering it, but I want to get some input from any of you who may have used it.

Also, I'm a newbie and I am getting overwhelmed by all the products I'm buying. I am; however learning about the proper balance of protein AND moisture for my hair. I was natural for 4 years and I messed up and put a no-lye relaxer on my hair. It has broken off and is "thin". I don't like it. I'm hoping to heal my hair problems via this and other haircare forums. Somebody "adopt" me, please.:look:

Sprungonhairboards, can you plese tell us about your experience with the product and what effects cause you to not use it again.

IT MADE MY HAIR DRED!

I had to wake my mother up at 2 AM to help me comb it all out. If she hadn't been there I'd have lost my hair. ALL OF IT.

I kid you not. It was a SAVE IT OR SHAVE IT situation.

It took us THREE HOURS to get though my (then 14") of hair. RELAXED HAIR. 4a/3c relaxed to 2a/3a RELAXED HAIR.

I lost chunks of hair and regretted EVER opening the container.

I used it about 7yrs ago and it made my natural hair flop. I didn't feel like it damaged my hair. However, I had really bad hair practices and my hair was always dry (never deep conditioned yet used protein religiously; fried my hair with oil and a blowdryer every weekend, etc.). So, I can't say whether it was the naturalaxer or my hair practices that made my hair dry. I later went over the naturalaxer with a motions relaxer to get the hair straight. The hair was initially healthy.... but as you can imagine, a few short months later, I did a big chop :lachen:

bumping for more responses. My mom used it long time ago and it gently loosened her curls. No dryness, but it wasn't significant loosening, it was slight:look:

they ripped me off... i ordered it and PAID for it and never got my product... then they ignored all my calls and messages... it's not worth it girl just get you some lime and coconut milk!

Back