Anyone ever used Aloe Oil? Is it good?

sxyhairfetish

I have a small bottle of Aloe Oil in my cabinet and i wanted to know if anyone has used this? does it have the same effect as aloe gel?

I am waiting to hear what people have to say about this. I was looking at some aloe butter the other day online wondering if it was good or not.

Sweetcoco82 said:
I am waiting to hear what people have to say about this. I was looking at some aloe butter the other day online wondering if it was good or not.

:bump ;) i need to find this out

I have purchased before and wasn't impressed. What has impressed me is making my own aloe oil.

How, did you say? By adding the skin of fresh aloe to a quality oil of choice and letting it do its thing. My first batch is about 3 weeks old. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. It's in an old relish jar.

I learned from a poster here on the board. I think she attached a YT video, also. Thank you!!

How, did you say? By adding the skin of fresh aloe to a quality oil of choice and letting it do its thing. My first batch is about 3 weeks old. I've been using it for about 2 weeks. It's in an old relish jar.

Hey frizzy :wave:

It appears that this is where the 'magic' happens. How often do you use on your hair? Does it leave your hair super moisturized? How about shedding?
Do you store in the fridge? How long do you think it'll last?

I've only used it on my scalp once as a pre-poo yesterday. I've basically been using what I have on my face/neck and hands, after washing. I infused into some already coffee infused oil, so I don't like the smell.

I will use this batch as a pre-poo and make another batch in "clean" oil to use for everything.

I don't have enough usage as a hair treatment yet, to give an opinion. I haven't refrigerated it and keep it in my bathroom. I check for mold and change in smell, once or twice a week. :wave:

I bought it after seeing that YouTuber Indigious Strandz uses it on her knee length hair. My hair pretty much hates all things aloe. It wasn't impressed by this oil, either.

I bought it after seeing that YouTuber Indigious Strandz uses it on her knee length hair. My hair pretty much hates all things aloe. It wasn't impressed by this oil, either.

Hey Snoop :wave:

Thanks for your input on the oil. What do you mean by the highlighted? Does the hair stay tangled/matted? Still stays very dry?

@awhyley So when I use aloe, it leave my hair feel hard and crispy. I get the same results when I use coconut and shea (for the most part). For this reason, I've been avoiding products with these ingredients in them, though I will from time to time use them on my own if I mix them in particular ways, followed by a lot of hope and a little bit of prayer.

Aloe vera oil didn't really do anything for my hair. I can't say for sure that it harded my hair, but it didn't soften it. Since I had a sizeable bottle, I ended up throwing it into a mason jar with a bunch of ayurvedic herbs and called it a day.

It's on East Street, the green 'shack' near the light at Robinson Road where the Haitian lady sells the Coconut oil (I don't mean to call her the Haitian lady but I don't know her name :blush2: ). For everyone else, note that these are 'island' directions/descriptions. Store has no name, but people know where it is.

oh okay, I use to buy Castor oil from her years ago. thank you!

Washed my hair yesterday and used this oil. Hair is soft and pliant. Not sure whether I should be using on my scalp or just my ends, but I haven't had much flaking since I discontinued a leave-in that I was sure would be my saving grace. Will check in with this later in the month, but so far, so good.

Back