Anyone ever permed their kitchens?

CarmelCupcake

Anyone ever permed their edges? I am so tired of my edges...they are driving me nuts...in order for me to keep them looking presentable, i have to flat iron them almost every, every other day. Any suggestions? Thank u ladies!

I can't imaging needing to heat up your edges almost every day. How do you primarily wear your hair? Are you tying your hair up at night with a good scarf?

I read the samething lol...I relaxed my edges...well texlaxed and I'll tell u it is pointless. Those hairs shed and replace them selves very quickly! I had straight edges for 2 weeks max.

I can't imaging needing to heat up your edges almost every day. How do you primarily wear your hair? Are you tying your hair up at night with a good scarf?

I wear my hair in a bun. As a result, all of my edges are exposed. Yea, i wear a good scarf at night, but by me not having a perm, my edges nap up

I guess I'd need to see what you mean by not presentable.:perplexed If you have naturally curly hair, and you wear a bun, then I'd expect you to have curly edges.

What look are you trying to achieve with relaxed edges on top of curly hair? Can you try a gel?

Anyone ever permed their edges? I am so tired of my edges...they are driving me nuts...in order for me to keep them looking presentable, i have to flat iron them almost every, every other day. Any suggestions? Thank u ladies!

I relaxed my edges one time. That hair ended up super bone straight while the rest of my hair was kinky. It looked crazy.

^^^I was just going to say, edges grow out. After awhile you'll have a straight perimeter around curly hair. That doesn't make sense to me.

I read "has anyone ever permed their kittens?"

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

My kitten is texlaxed :look: TMI?

Hi OP... Are your edges a different texture than the rest of your hair? I found that when I was natural, I could get away with not having perfectly straight edges most of the time b/c they blended with the rest of my hair.

However, I know there are times for styling when you want the edges to be straight. I wouldn't recommend perming them. The last thing you want is for your edges to be the weakest hair on your head.

Try olive oil edge control :) I love it. Even though I'm texlaxed, my hair is not straight & neither are my edges. It works well & I don't have to use a lot of the product to see the effects.

Sent from my iPhone.

I am going through the same thing. I wear my hair straight, so when I put it in a ponytail or bun, I like for my edges to lay flat. IMO, it just looks neater. I think a lot of the ladies here who are natural, wear their hair kind of kinky, or less straight, so having kinkier edges looks good with the styles they wear.

What I do is I flat iron my edges & then use edge control. It's not perfect because edge control doesn't have enough hold for me, but it will do until I find a perfect combination. HTH.

Back