Anyone ever change a part?

aileenadq

I've got thinning at my temples, and it's much more noticable on the side that my hair is parted. It's been parted that way for YEARS. So my question is: Have any of you done it with success? I've tried it before, but with no luck.

Also, what have you ladies done to get past the thinning temples bit? I may go back to MTG for this (much as I HATE to do that!!!). I'm using castor oil now every day.

TIA

aileenadq said:
I've got thinning at my temples, and it's much more noticable on the side that my hair is parted. It's been parted that way for YEARS. So my question is: Have any of you done it with success? I've tried it before, but with no luck.

Also, what have you ladies done to get past the thinning temples bit? I may go back to MTG for this (much as I HATE to do that!!!). I'm using castor oil now every day.

TIA

I change the side that I part my hair on every couple of months. Just to get rid of that permanent part look. It does take time to get used to looking at your hair going in a different direction.

When I chopped my hair recently my trusty middle parting I'd worn for years no longer looked good. So I switched to a side parting (only on the right side though, can't do the left, doesn't look right).
I try and part my hair when it is wet so it can dry in the 'correct position'.

PerfectDoak said:
I try and part my hair when it is wet so it can dry in the 'correct position'.

I switch from the right, left, and middle often so my hair doesn't get "used" to one part. Sometimes, I also wear it straight back. Because I don't know your personal style, this may not work for you. But the quickest way I got my hair to adjust to a new parting was to wet roller set my hair with magnetic rollers straight back, and would just wear it curled back for about a week. You can also wear a bun with no part. The next time I wash it after that week, I changed the part, and it was fine. Another thing I've done is switch the direction I wrap my hair for strighter styles. The part almost automatically changed with it.

For thining temples, keep them well moisturized, a deep conditioing protein treatment weekly, massage daily with a stimulating essential oil (like peppermint or tea tree), and time.

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited:
This happen to me too but at the back of my hair from braiding it every week and parting it at the same place. I didn't realize how bad it was until I took a pic of my hair recently with all of my hair forward. So I am going to start parting it at a different section to see if that will help.

Back