ANYONE ELSE WITH SCENE/EMO HAIR? HOW DO YOU TAKE CARE OF IT?

bravenewgirl87

Obviously some of these are very extreme examples and are clearly not corporate-style, but I am thinking of getting a sew-in this summer. I want it to include some of the elements of scene hair. I've had a few of the emo short haircuts before and they are pretty difficult to take care of (color and shattered ends/razoring). Anyone else went this route or are thinking about it?
scene.jpg

emogirl03.jpg

2196572652_5a79116b0f_m.jpg

561359027_83ee1f6094.jpg

561312157_e11c3861c6.jpg

girl-hair-ronnie-spector-1967.jpg

emo-hair-1.jpg

d5d4faf9.jpg

l_f19ff405d60dfc9e938f5fef22b7ebef.jpg

1287535726.jpg

i guess i'm confused, if you're doing this look with fake hair why are you concerned with upkeep? :look: do you mean the upkeep of your hair that will be left out of the weave, like edges and the U-part or something?

im guessing she is 20-21 and still young at heart ...

i think emo styles are cute, im growing out one now .. and it is a pain in the neck because you dont have one or two layers .. you have fifty million .. getting it blunt is going to be a PAIN

I'd say GO FOR IT!

I currently have a similar cut.

I also have a sew-in: 1B on top; 1 on the bottom (Yaki, front and edges left out cuz I prefer my weaves to be realistic).

Side part, severe sloping and razoring all over.

It's pretty versatile: I can wear it flat, or bumped with a flat iron, curled with a 1-1/4 inch curling iron, or in my face, or the front sides curled outward (think the animated Aeon Flux)--really funky!

At night I either wrap it with those super-long wrap pins or leave it alone for a messy look.

Oh yeah, by the way, I'll be 41 in September. I'm a professional; work in an office environment. And I'm heavily tattooed with my skin exposed! I guess I'm also young at heart, but my image/style is linked to my occupation and side projects.:grin:

I think the "black" version of emo haircuts would be the one D Woods has been sporting, and a couple of the very short cropped ones Rhianna had before she got that haircut like the cartoon mom from Bebe's Kids that she's currently wearing... Pretty in right now? It's basically just an asymmetrical cut with or without the really long bangs... I'd think if you were getting it weaved all you'd have to do is make sure it didn't tangle?

I like the two short blond cuts the most actually...they're very edgy if styled one way (some texturizing wax for example), could be whimsical and cute if styled another (a cute barette combined with a retro dress or cute fit), and could STILL be corporate or sleek if side-parted and brushed to frame the face with a touch of pomade.

Plus, they look much easier to grow out than the others. You can't afford a bad hair day with short layers over long layers like that b/c the whole point of the hairstyle is to straddle the line between hot mess and trendy, laissez-faire cool. If you f it up just alittle you're going to be all hot mess.

i guess i'm confused, if you're doing this look with fake hair why are you concerned with upkeep? :look: do you mean the upkeep of your hair that will be left out of the weave, like edges and the U-part or something?

I've had my hair razored before with the Sienna Miller cut and when it grows out, I'm thinking of doing something with it. But, razored/emo cuts are really hard to take care of, so I'm curious as to how others are taking care of their hair with all the color/split ends. I might get a similar cut with the long swooped bangs after this summer, once I take out the weaves and wigs.

I think the "black" version of emo haircuts would be the one D Woods has been sporting, and a couple of the very short cropped ones Rhianna had before she got that haircut like the cartoon mom from Bebe's Kids that she's currently wearing... Pretty in right now? It's basically just an asymmetrical cut with or without the really long bangs... I'd think if you were getting it weaved all you'd have to do is make sure it didn't tangle?

Ditto. Don't forget Jordin Sparks, Lauren London, and countless others. Basically, long straight hair with razor sharp ends or spikes; faux-hawks and color. Once I take the weave out, I might want to cut my hair very similar but I had a HARD time stopping the splitting. And, it took me forever to grow out the layers.

Obviously some of these are very extreme examples and are clearly not corporate-style, but I am thinking of getting a sew-in this summer. I want it to include some of the elements of scene hair.

See Lady Libra, I'm with you.

Brave New, were you going to get a weave and have it shaped into a scene/emo hairdo or do your own hair like that?

I thought you wanted a weave... carry on!:drunk:

See Lady Libra, I'm with you.

Brave New, were you going to get a weave and have it shaped into a scene/emo hairdo or do your own hair like that?

I thought you wanted a weave... carry on!:drunk:
Yes, i'm getting a sew-ins and wigs for the summer. But, I'm thinking about getting my ends razored after the sew-in because I like the look of scenester hair. But... the last time I did it, I got breakage. I also want to dye my hair to get the scenster look. So, I'm asking... as anyone done any of these styles, how did you do it and how do you take care of your hair. Its a pretty basic question.

we were just confused, you didn't have to get snippy. :perplexed i figured it'd be easier to answer if i knew exactly what you were talking about.

we were just confused, you didn't have to get snippy. :perplexed i figured it'd be easier to answer if i knew exactly what you were talking about.

:perplexed No! I'm not getting snippy! I'm just asking if anyone's done any of the styles similar and how are you doing it. I may get my sew-in done this way, but I also want a new style in MY own hair. I just wanted to know if anyone else here as these cuts or styles.

Back