(!!!) Anyone else use BOLITAS besides Tracy & adrienne (???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Here's a pic of bolitas:​
26395_md.jpg

I was looking at adrienne0914's album for the umpteenth time :lol: and noticed she uses a bolita to secure her ponytail with before making a bun.

I also remember several posts by Tracy mentioning that she uses them as well.

I have been using these:​
25_l.jpg

I sometimes notice broken hairs around the scunci hair hosiery after taking my bun down to wash my hair. Maybe it's because of the cottony material? Not sure...​

Since I'm doing the bun challenge and using a phony pony to cover my bun, I'm gonna use a bolita instead of a scunci hair hosiery as a ponytail holder. I hope it works out for me! :D

Just wanted to share!!!:)

Last edited:
The bolitas...gotta love them when I wear my trademark double buns (think two high ponies but into little buns--get TONS of compliments). Anyhoo, as cute as they are, I have to be very, VERY careful and only wrap these beauties once around my hair or they will RIIIPPP hairs off each time I take them out. Gotta love 'em though. So cute. Since my last two were stretched beyond belief, I had to move onto the clip barrette thingies. Right now I'm sporting my double buns with nothing making the ponytail at all. Just parting my hair down the center and then just wrapping the buns and securing with a hair pin.

Leshia said:
The bolitas...gotta love them when I wear my trademark double buns (think two high ponies but into little buns--get TONS of compliments). Anyhoo, as cute as they are, I have to be very, VERY careful and only wrap these beauties once around my hair or they will RIIIPPP hairs off each time I take them out. Gotta love 'em though. So cute. Since my last two were stretched beyond belief, I had to move onto the clip barrette thingies. Right now I'm sporting my double buns with nothing making the ponytail at all. Just parting my hair down the center and then just wrapping the buns and securing with a hair pin.
Do you have any pictures of this style??? Are the buns on each side of your head or placed right next to each other??? And how long is your hair? And is your hair fine or thick???

Yes, I wear these, but mine don't have the metal piece in the middle, because it can cause breakage. I just bought some the other week. I call them "balls". I wore these faithfully when I was a little girl.

Poohbear said:
Do you have any pictures of this style??? Are the buns on each side of your head or placed right next to each other??? And how long is your hair? And is your hair fine or thick???

The buns are on each side of my head. My hair is past shoulder length and fine and check your PMs. *wink*

kitchen_tician said:
Yes, I wear these, but mine don't have the metal piece in the middle, because it can cause breakage. I just bought some the other week. I call them "balls". I wore these faithfully when I was a little girl.
Where did you get the bolitas that don't have the metal piece in the middle??? :confused: I only have the ones with the metal piece in the middle. I never thought about that metal piece. I would definitely want some bolitas without the metal piece.

Last edited:
yanno, funny thing. the metal piece doesn't catch my hair, the actually stretchy, cottony fabric does. It's like the gathers or whatever that elastic thing does, catches my hair but I've never had a problem with the metal...

Oh yeah, they are hard to unravel sometimes, so you must be careful, to undo them in the exact same direction as you wrapped it or you will pull hair. :ohwell:

kitchen_tician said:
Oh yeah, they are hard to unravel sometimes, so you must be careful, to undo them in the exact same direction as you wrapped it or you will pull hair. :ohwell:

EXACTLY. And Kitchen, love the color. LOVE...it...yum.

Leshia said:
yanno, funny thing. the metal piece doesn't catch my hair, the actually stretchy, cottony fabric does. It's like the gathers or whatever that elastic thing does, catches my hair but I've never had a problem with the metal...

Yeah, I've noticed that happening also. I have some smaller ones so I'll only have to wrap it once, to avoid the extra stretching of the elastic and extra tightening of the hair. I don't wear them very often, only when I want a change. I usually wear my satin scrunchies.

Now that I think about it, you're right Leisha, the metal piece doesn't cause much damage. I just know if I'm not careful, they'll pull my hair out and I thought the metal piece contributed to it. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I stopped wearing Bo-Bo's a couple of years ago cuz they were ripping my hair out and getting tangled. I would use them if I had my hair in 1 braid down my back, to secure the braid at each end.

BLESSED1 said:
I stopped wearing Bo-Bo's a couple of years ago cuz they were ripping my hair out and getting tangled. I would use them if I had my hair in 1 braid down my back, to secure the braid at each end.

I forgot about calling them "bo-bo's"! :grin: They're great for securing the end of a braid. I wore my hair like that y'day.

kitchen_tician said:

Me too! We used to call them "ball barrettes" and if you had two braids with these on the ends, you had to be careful not to move your head quickly or you'd smack yourself in the face!

I use bolitas all the time to secure my braid at the end. I have every color you can image and different styles, like hearts and sqaures.

Back