Anyone else rolling their hair at night? I need advice please

lana

Well I roll my hair at night most nights. I use rollers like in the picture attached. I usually use about 4 rollers, two at the top and two at the bottom. They don't hurt to sleep on because they are padded.

At night I moisturize, seal and roll. In the morning I wake up and unroll the hair and usually add a tiny bit of Hot 6 Oil for shine.

This process (and bunning) has helped me reach BSL, but what I don't like is that my hair curls up to shoulder length. I try to gently finger comb the curls out and they are still super tight all day. :nono:

Any suggestions? Maybe I'm using the wrong rollers all together.

What rollers are you using and when? What is your rolling process? Are you happy with the style once it's unrolled? Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Rollers.jpg
    Rollers.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Okay I will try a larger size, but I feel like my head "sweats" at night too and so it loses that flatironed look.

I will give this a try. Thank you!

@lana, I use those rollers sometimes to roll my ends at night. If I want tight curls, I use the purple ones (approx. 5/8" in diameter). For looser curls/more body, I use the royal blue ones (approx. 1" in diamenter).

Okay I will try the biggest sized rollers since I am BSL and my hair curls up to shoulder length. I would like to see the length.

It could be because I'm texlaxed too and even flat ironed my 4b hair has a lot of "texture" - which I like, but goodness.

I use to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these rollers until....I started sweating at night! I'm not sure what kind of material they are made out of but I was using about 20 because I wanted my hair very curly! These rollers were making me think I was having hot flashes 20 years early :lol:

Okay so maybe it's the rollers and not me? (lol) Cause I'm like dag..we turn the heat off at night, but I'm still waking up with frizzy hair? Lisa

I may try different rollers and see what happens. I mean a different brand all together. Thanks for the tip!

Okay Lisa I will be sure to let you know. I haven't made a change yet. First I'm going to buy a new silk scarf, the one I have is that "Growth" scarf and I really think it's causing my head to sweat.

Then I'm moving up to the bigger rollers this weekend or the next time I go to the beauty supply store. We'll see what happens.

Any ideas on moisture? I'm using B&B Oil Moisturizer, sealed by Hot Six Oil mixed with Jojoba oil and Vitamin E. Sometimes I use Nuetragena Triple Silk Leave in followed by the oil, then roll....always looking for fresh ideas. Thanks!

Back