Anyone else have tubes in their ears????

Truth

And if so, what do you do to keep the water out of your ears while washing your hair? The first thing my doctor told me was do not let water get in my ears. (didn't listen to well now I think I have an infection)

I've tried the not washing so frequently, my hair so nicely told me how she felt about that:rolleyes:. I've tried all types of ear plugs, from the puddy ones that mold to your ear to the high quailty swimmers ones.. they either dont stay put or let water in my ear anyway. I've tried the old school..fold your ear over while rinsing..water still manages to drip in my ear...Sooooo I'm fresh out of ideas.... Anyone have this problem? or know a good way to keep water out of your ears? TIA

Don't have tubes but I am specialized in how they work. I would suggest using the foam ear plugs again but really fit them in there. You won't push the tubes so far through your ear because they are down in your eardrums. If they are too big (wide) cut them in half then try. Then I'd also combine with using a flexible shower head and folding your ear down to prevent excess water from getting in. Some water may get into your ears but as long as its only a few drops it should be fine...as long as its not the full strength of water from the spout.

Thank you so much FroFab :bighug: I always thought that I shouldn't push them in so far..but I will definitely do this. :yep:

I had that problem for a awhile. I had stuff cotton balls (take a piece from it) in my ears. When it gets too wet, tweeze out the water and reinsert them. I have stop using them now, I am not having that problem now. When the problem arising again I will use the cotton ball method again.

You can get inexpensive ear plugs from the dollar store, dollar tree, dollar general. They also have different types at Walmart, Target, etc. You can also use the swimming wax which is very moldable. I used that when I swam more. You can get that at the sporting goods store like Dicks or probably someplace like Walmart in the sporting good section.

Ditto with ear plugs, the type people use to block out sound. I think I got a pack of 10 for $1 or $2 in walgreens/cvs/walmart

Perhaps you can use one of these things that kids use when they wash their hair:

119440509_1.jpg

Back