Anyone due for a retouch?..

Candy_C

Just wanna share my frustration with any of my sisters who are due for a relaxer touchup! my hairdresser has had a few personal problems due to her son's girlfriends death, so instead of gettin my hair done last week, i have to probabley wait till next week...

i'm soooo sad :( i know i should be really sympathetic (which i am) considering the circumstances, but i just wish i had someone else i could trust to do my touchups...

what do you do 2 stop yourself whining when a touchup has been prosponed?

is there any hair treats i could do in the meantime to kill my boredom? i was gona dye my hair last week, but made the hair appointment cos my regrowth is making my head look like a football! its probabley too late to colour it now (2-3 weeks b4 a relaxer and after is suggested)....

anyone else due for a relaxer? maybe i should experiment and try rollersetting..? if i dont get it done next week i'm gonna go all out and just dye it, blowfry it, and trim it! grrrrrrr

You should have caught me last tuesday, when I was jugling btwn relaxing or stretching longer than usual and I said the Heck w/it and relaxed. Fortunately I do my t-up's and the whoel 9yrds.
Maybe you can treat your hair to a conditioning cocktail (something to prepare it for the up comming t-up but make sure it has a good balance of moisture, I call it a two for one) and a rollerset.

Candy_C said:
Just wanna share my frustration with any of my sisters who are due for a relaxer touchup! my hairdresser has had a few personal problems due to her son's girlfriends death, so instead of gettin my hair done last week, i have to probabley wait till next week...

i'm soooo sad :( i know i should be really sympathetic (which i am) considering the circumstances, but i just wish i had someone else i could trust to do my touchups...

is there any hair treats i could do in the meantime to kill my boredom? i was gona dye my hair last week, but made the hair appointment cos my regrowth is making my head look like a football! its probabley too late to colour it now (2-3 weeks b4 a relaxer and after is suggested)....

anyone else due for a relaxer? maybe i should experiment and try rollersetting..? if i dont get it done next week i'm gonna go all out and just dye it, blowfry it, and trim it! grrrrrrr

yep! Me, but it's only been about 11 weeks for me. I am trying to wait it out another 5 weeks.

Why don't you try rollersetting? I am going to rollerset and flat iron sometime next week. I am kinda excited because I need the change in looks.

I am 10 weeks post and I was gonna do the Halloween Stretchers club but I think Ill relax in two weeks. Im bunning this week and braidout the next. I like to do braidouts because the more newgrowth the better they look....braidouts or a rollerset and flatiron the roots usually rescue me.:)

Last edited:
Candy_C said:

Lol!!! :lol: I agree with Leleepop about the braidouts or twistouts, and even rollersetting Like Mizanimami said

TSUprincess04 said:
OT: That's sad; what happened to the girlfriend? (just curious)

she died of a brain tumour, she was only 18. real shock to the son. just the day b4 his mum was dissin him to me, so now i think she feels really bad...

Candy_C said:
she died of a brain tumour, she was only 18. real shock to the son. just the day b4 his mum was dissin him to me, so now i think she feels really bad...

That's so sad! I feel bad for him and her family.

OT: Who's that in your siggy dancing, Candy? Whoever it is, I love it!

Ebonygurl00 - shes an irish dancer called Gillian Norris...she did the riverdance with micheal flately...i used to think she was mixed race..not sure now though!

i think its all about braidouts for now! i need to get back on my vits too. i came off them for a week and all my nails have fell off!!!!! so god knows about my hair :eek:

i'm 8 weeks post and my roots are kickin...

my ultimate goal is to stretch until Oct 17... (my 6 month anny on LHCF!! :bouncegre :thumbsup: :clapping: :woot:

i just flatironed my roots (I had no choice!) so I hope that helps

Well I am not due until late October, but I am getting the itch to touch up now. I will be 10 weeks thursday, so I am thinking of throwing on my lacefront wig to keep my mind of my new growth and hair.

arr man, i sold my flat iron on ebay!!

i'm 12 weeks exactly and the shrinkage is disgusting!

when i get to 12 weeks plus, my hair starts acting a little nutty...i think i'm gonna have to pull out some hot oil..i dont think i've done a hot oil treatment since last year! times like these i wish i could self-relax..*sigh*

Candy_C said:

I thought you were transitioning?

sylver2 said:
I'm due, last time I retouched was June 29.

hey chick aint seen u around here for a bit..hope ur good..

my hairs really ugly at this stage, mine was done around June too. the relaxed hair looks all wirey and stiff, thenewgrowth is soft n fluffy. the two textures are very visable, it looks as though i've missed a spot with the hair oil or something!

Candy_C said:
hey chick aint seen u around here for a bit..hope ur good..

my hairs really ugly at this stage, mine was done around June too. the relaxed hair looks all wirey and stiff, thenewgrowth is soft n fluffy. the two textures are very visable, it looks as though i've missed a spot with the hair oil or something!

hey..been hidin the hair..lol

I need a touchup and a BLUNT trim. Its lookin crazy. I have a lot of new growth. Been so lazy with it.

:wave::wave::wave:

I am exactly 12 weeks today...I was freaking out last week, because I did something that did NOT agree with my hair :mad: ...and had mad tangles whereas the previous weeks, I didn't:ohwell: -- I lost a good lil ball of hair (would've been worse if not for NTM) -- but it's calmed back down...so I think I can make it for another month..

I'll make it a week where I touch up, do the mani/pedi, massage and facial all in one week mid October:)

*waving at Sylver:wave:...;) *

MonaLisa said:
:wave::wave::wave:

I am exactly 12 weeks today...I was freaking out last week, because I did something that did NOT agree with my hair :mad: ...and had mad tangles whereas the previous weeks, I didn't:ohwell: -- I lost a good lil ball of hair (would've been worse if not for NTM) -- but it's calmed back down...so I think I can make it for another month..

I'll make it a week where I touch up, do the mani/pedi, massage and facial all in one week mid October:)

*waving at Sylver:wave:...;) *

:wave: hey girlie
12 weeks that is great!! I had a mishap of tangled mess as well..lol
I'm comin up to NYC to get my touchup nex week.
Danmn I wish they sold NTM ddc in a Bucket

sylver2 said:
:wave: hey girlie
12 weeks that is great!! I had a mishap of tangled mess as well..lol
I'm comin up to NYC to get my touchup nex week.
Danmn I wish they sold NTM ddc in a Bucket

OMG Ra! STAY OUTTA MY HEAD!!! I was saying the same thing to myself when I was having my issues last week. I may use other things in my rotation...but that is like my go to kid right there that comes through for me...I was like they really need to sell this in a larger size...but it's considered a drug store product - not a professional product - so with packaging, marketing...the company comes out better having it come in a smaller package (shelf space), etc...:(

ooh, you're coming to NY? *will shoot u an email* My schedule is funky...but I might try to get a hair hug depending on where you'll be...

okay, let me stop hijacking...*running*

I am definitely due for a retouch------

Last Relaxer / Touch-up June 3rd !

I washed and deep conditioned my hair---tried a different deep conditioner--L'ancome Hair Sensations Masque--- had more difficulty detangling in shower than I am used to. Definitely going to retouch this week !

I'm getting a retouch this weekend (Fri.) & I'm only @ 4wks. but I'm visiting my hometown for the weekend & I wanted to get a retouch w/my previous stylist.

I would condition/rollerset as others have suggested to combat the new growth & apply some jojoba oil to help keep it from getting too dry. Also try to comb through it if your hair has a tendency to tangle.

My last relaxer was July 26, this will be my first attempt at making it to ten weeks and I have about one more week to go!!! :) I really need a touch up but I am just going to rollerset when I get home tonight.

I did my touch up yesterday and I was so happy to do it too. I put color in about 2 weeks ago and my roots are already showing:lachen: . Also I mixed motions CPR with my 5n1 and applied it after i rinsed my relaxer out. I left the mixture in for about 15 minutes and my hair was really soft and had a lil slip to it, I was proud of myself. Now all I have to do is get me a boar bristle mixed with natural brissles brush and brush once a week. I'm very happy with my hair right now and I think it's happy with me too:lol:

I am due for my t-up Monday but I think I'm gonna get it Saturday or Sunday. I am soo ready. I was gonna stretch it to Halloween but I just dont feel like it anymore. 12 weeks is good for me this time.

had my retouch 2day! i'm so close 2 waistlength i can taste it!

came out better than ever so glad i waited. my hairs smellin sweet like "candy" with my keracare essential oils marinading...picture upd8 comin in my fotki 2morro if any1 wants 2 take a peek

Back