anyone base with serum??

Luscious Locks

Hey, ladies. I've searched this out to see if there was an answer for this and i haven't found anything. So what's the best baser. I've used Vaseline and it really wasn't that effective. In fact, I'd say it did nothing. I had a relaxer two weeks ago and it was underprocessed because I couldn't stand the burning anymore. The time before that I had massive chemical burns and a crusty, pussing scalp.:sad:

What about basing with serum? It's supposed to be protective and some have silk proteins. Has anyone had luck with this? Please let me know. I do not want to burn again.:nono:

I never based with a serum before. Which relaxer are you using? Some of the kits come with a tube of grease to use for basing. Not sure what's in it though.

There was a thread on here about Chi Silk Infusion and its many benefits. One was to use it as a base before a relaxer. I tried this with my last realxer. I didn't burn or anything! But I don't comb my hair everyday and I wear a wig so I don't really scratch my scalp much. Nevertheless, my hair came out great! :grin:

I had some Design Essentials Silk Essentials . . . I think that's what it's called so I used that instead of my CSI. I put it all through my hair . . . relaxed hair and new growth. I used castor oil around my hair line and on my ears.

Here is the link to the thread I read: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=112817

HTH

Last edited:
I have never used serum. I currently use summit sensitive scalp and I have no problems. I think there is a thread on using SAA if you do a search.

I've been using design essentials regular lye. prior to this i was using no lyes from the box, which did not burn. I think i'm going to try this serum basing this. i guess i'll have to pony up and buy some chi silk infusion.:ohwell: i've seriously tried everything else to stop the burning short of NOT relaxing my hair.

Back