Anybody relaxing this Easter weekend?

ajoyfuljoy

I am! I'm doing a self touch up tomorrow. And I'm so excited to see my new length gains!

I relax and do an official picture every three months.

Any other self relaxers out there or will you be going to a salon? What style will you be getting? Will you be getting a trim or cut?

Last edited:
I went to the salon yesterday for my touch-up and a trim. I was 13 weeks post.

Good job! I will also be 13 weeks post as of tomorrow. I find that the more I stretch, the easier it gets, even though I'm 4a.

The first time was REALLY difficult though. But after that I got the hang of it.

I'm ending my 16 week stretch 2morrow afternoon.:sad:. I go to the salon and i'm also gonna get my usual black rinse. im not that excited cuz i checked my length 2 weeks ago, so it will be no surprise

I will be self relaxing this weekend and then flatironing with my Maxiglide.

I'm 16 weeks post so I'm excited to see my progress!:yep:

Those salons are gonna be loaded tomorrow! :eek:

I texlaxed this morning after a 14 week stretch...then went to the salon for a well needed trim/style!

Well, actually the trim turned into about a 4 inch cut......from apl to neck length....but I wasn't too upset.

My hair had been shedding and breaking like crazy, and my ends were horrible! It's much healthier looking now!

So what were the results?! did you get some good growth??

The relaxer took fine, I got a trim and my hair seems pretty healthy. I really did not get much growth this go round. However, Im not too mad because it is in good condition. I have one pic up in my fotki, but my hair is curled so its hard to see the little growth I got. I will add more pics & comparison pics later.

Yep I've already relaxed (texlaxed) 2 out of 3 sections, it's after 6am and I'm going to bed. I'll relax the last section in the morning and then deep condition. I've also chopped of a huge chunk of my hair and loving the look so far.

:grin:

Well, I had it relaxed this morning and it looks really nice. Fotki update to follow in about a week, in order to keep with my usual update schedule.

ok - I just fininshed self relaxing. I went to the salon yesterday and I asked the lady to do it, she pushed me off on another lady who was like well I can't do it just this minute let me see if (the same grl who just pshed me off) can do it. The girl was like "i can" I was like MM-MM :nono:.
This is too much drama. I never went back and just decided to do it today myself.

Yep I've already relaxed (texlaxed) 2 out of 3 sections, it's after 6am and I'm going to bed. I'll relax the last section in the morning and then deep condition. I've also chopped of a huge chunk of my hair and loving the look so far.

:grin:

LondonDiva, it's funny that you relaxed this weekend. I use your relax method it always works like a charm! This is my third time using it (I only relax every three months). Just want to say thanks for helping me become more of a DIYer :yep:

I self relaxed last night for the first time in 15 years. I used the Phyto and it came out pretty good. It's like riding a bike, you really don't forget. But, I still prefer the salon for chemical processes. If I ever get in a pinch again, I will do it again.

I'm finin ta (yes, finin ta) get my relaxer touch up on in a few minutes after 13 weeks post.

I was contemplating stretching for another week, but I wanna see what's happening on my head right about now.. I feel like we need a moment to connect on a plant based chemical level...:look:

did mine yesterday, by myself after a 13 week stretch :grin: relaxed didnt overlap and roller set myself my hair feels soooooooo good right now i was swanging it when i went for dinner last nite

I self-relaxed yesterday. i'm gonna blowdry and flatiron for Easter. oh I'm also updating my album and will start a progress thread.

I self relaxed Friday evening. It was time. My newgrowth was sssoooo thick and it was hurting to try to comb it. :ohwell:

LondonDiva, it's funny that you relaxed this weekend. I use your relax method it always works like a charm! This is my third time using it (I only relax every three months). Just want to say thanks for helping me become more of a DIYer :yep:

I'm really glad it's working for you :) And you're very welcome.

It takes longer but it minimizes on breakage and thinner hair from relaxing so much.

I'm really glad it's working for you :) And you're very welcome.

It takes longer but it minimizes on breakage and thinner hair from relaxing so much.

My family complains that I take all day in the bathroom, lol! I also do a light protein treatment right after rinsing out the relaxer. My hair feels so strong, it's really great and a nice change. And it's thick too :yep:

Back