Anybody re-wet their set at night?

ShiShiPooPoo

What I mean is my sister used to section her hair to roll it but then would wet the comb and run it through each section before putting the roller in. Then she slept in her rollers. By the morning, it looked like a fresh rollerset. Not trying to show my age but we had orange shag carpet at the time. Anybody do this? What do you think about it? I am thinking of trying this because my hair won't hold a curl for nothing!

I do that. :yep: It's a great way to freshen up a rollerset (esp if the curls dropped in the rain, shower, or otherwise humid conditions but the roots were unaffected).

I do that. :yep: It's a great way to freshen up a rollerset (esp if the curls dropped in the rain, shower, or otherwise humid conditions but the roots were unaffected).

Do you use water or something else? Man, sleeping in rollers is hard on the head! Is it damaging to the hair?

Do you use water or something else? Man, sleeping in rollers is hard on the head! Is it damaging to the hair?

If my hair was all jacked up I use a lot of plain water. If the curls just dropped a little, I use a water or oil-based moisturizer and a little water.

For sleeping in rollers try simplycee's mohawk rollerset method. It was a lot more comfortable than I thought I would be.

Last edited:
I have been doing this off and on for years. I mainly stop because the rollers are just too uncomfortable. This time around, I have noticed when I take my rollers down; I see a lot of breakage. I'm sure it has something to do with me sleeping in rollers while my hair is damp. My hair always looked fresh though. I'm back to wrapping now. I can't sacrifice a fresh hair style for daily breakage. I also think for my hair it's too much manipulation. I also do a full set twice a week after my wash and deep condition so that's enough for me.

I use a leave in with water to set my hair in bantu knots almost every night. It revives my hair and makes it look freshly done. I've done this using sponge rollers at night too...always looks good...better than if i don't use any lubrication.

I don't wet my hair or the comb, may have to try this but I am one that does sleep in my rollers without bad effects. I try wrapping but my hair seems to flat so I rollerset my hair every night.

Last night instead of wetting the comb I spriz the rollers before puting it on my hair and it was a nice set. Going to keep doing this.

Back