Anybody NOT in love with Silicon Mix?!?!?

I loathed it. I hated the smell, my hair felt coated and it made me a little itchy. No bueno mami!

Never tried it, but pass it at BSS all the time. I'm no longer a PJ, so it'll prolly be a long, long time before I go itchn to try anything new on my hair like Silicon Mix.

I tried it mixed with evoo and coconut oil. It did nothing... And i hated the smell also.. I expected so much more from this product.. Prob wont be using it again.

I didn't notice a huge difference in the way it affected my hair. As for the smell, it is very strong and I didn't care for it, but it has nothing on that Moroccan Oil Hydrating Mask. :barf:

I didn't notice a huge difference in the way it affected my hair. As for the smell, it is very strong and I didn't care for it, but it has nothing on that Moroccan Oil Hydrating Mask. :barf:

Oh no u d'nt :nono:? A product suggestion...you know a PJ can't pass that up!

Jewell I dont' know how you get over your PJism. Did you do a 12 step program or something?

I used Silicon Mix a month before I decided to go back to relaxers in late 2007 and for a few week after I relaxed my hair and didn't like it at all. It left my hair coated, it's more on the protein side of the spectrum

Okay so I am new at this, xcan u tell me what ingredients make it "on the protien side"?

Great question Leigh....

Can someone please point this out????

Last edited:
I like the pearl formula, but I am finding that the regular Silicon mix makes my hair hard. That makes me sad cuz I don't like to be wasting the little money I do have.

I hated it. The smell made me nauseous and it made my hair hard and only slipped nice in the shower. After that I hated the way my hair felt....like it was rinsed in mineral oil.

I used Silicon Mix today for my DC and after I dried my hair I went to the store. This old man who looks like Raleigh/Rawley on the old sitcom "Amen" was behind me in line. He told me that he was not trying to be "fresh" but that my hair surrrrre smelled good. I imediately thought about this thread. So, if y'all are trying to find you an 80 year old man, Silicon Mix is the way to go ..

Back