Anybody jumping aboard the Natural product Train?

Irresistible

just wondering anybody else out there starting or wanting to use more natural products?

I'm on this natural oil and butter craze right now. ive cut out using grease all together for me and my daughter now *whowouldathunkit*

ive eliminated the bottles and bottles of leave in conditioner me and my daughter poured on our heads all these years and now only dampen the edges and ends with it, because ive found that all the butters and oil (not just avacodo) on my dry hair (and my daughter's hair) makes it more soft and managable, the soft texturized look, like was talked about, not soaking it every day with the leave in makes it less frizzy, less tangled , less shrinkage etc. this is a nice find after pouring bottles over our heads(and down the sink) for years
laugh.gif

im even finding i can make my own conditioner treatments from these natural butters and oils. so no more buying tons of conditoners (except for use for conditioner washes and im working on something for that too).

and i already did not shampoo often...so umm im thinkin salley's just lost tons of my $$$ , and i will now have a simplified, natural regimen full of good stuff for my hair.

of course im still working on exact treatments , as far as what to use and mix with what , and recipes. but im doing good so far and my hair is LOVING it ALOT! and so is my daughters.

no more trying a million products and im not even tempted
smile.gif
(honestly) anybody else keeping it simple and natural with the oils and butters? without using all the other products?

guess i better start reading the recipe boards
smile.gif
cause im all into this now

Irresistible, what natural oils and butters are you using besides shea butter, avocado and coconut oils?

I'm not necessarily going towards natural products but I am trying to make sure that I pay attention to ingredients especially in my shampoos and styling products.

Re: Anybody jumping aboard the Natural product Tra

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
Irresistable, what natural oils and butters are you using besides shea butter, avocado and coconut oils?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i got it bad....ive been getting and trying them all
apricot kernal butter, mango butter, aloe butter, you name it girl. and all the oils, macadamia nut, jojoba, avacodo, carrot. ive been getting so many its not even funny, im stocked up for a while too:) ...ive been over here mixing and making all kinda concoctions lol. i really think its ALL im going to be using now. my hair loves them.
smile.gif
and you can even get silk, wheat, soy protiens and panthenol online ....im tellin ya Salleys lost lots of my money, cause im kewl with this stuff

That's good stuff, Irresistible. Where did you find the macadamia nut oil? I don't think I've heard of that one. So these work better than a water based moisturizer or leave-in spray?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I'm not necessarily going towards natural products but I am trying to make sure that I pay attention to ingredients especially in my shampoos and styling products.

[/ QUOTE ]

girl most of the stuff you look for in products , you know the good stuff? you can have pure yourself to use on your hair. just an example, the elasta QP mango butter that so many of us love....i just figure why not use mango butter pure and straight on your hair? yanno?

well im all on into this stuff , i guess we shall see how it goes, but i feel good having simplified me and my daughter's regmin (whew that in itself is a relief) and know that we are gettting all the benifits of the pure , natural stuff. and our hair is showing the results. lol my daughter is all into it too....its cute to watch her , she loves it when i mix somethin up for her and tries to guess whats in it. hmm maybe we just need a life
laugh.gif
...nah but we (and our hair) are lovin this stuff.

I have been slowly moving toward those. I went to Carol's Daughter site and bought some hair butter, hair milk and natural oils. I will use these when they come in and see how they compare to my other products I have used over the past months. If they give me the same results...I may be converted!

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
That's good stuff, Irresistible. Where did you find the macadamia nut oil? I don't think I've heard of that one. So these work better than a water based moisturizer or leave-in spray?

[/ QUOTE ]

i got it from fromnaturewithlove or cedervale.net.....so far girl not wetting (soaking) our hair everyday has proved to have alot of benefits. i guess if we ever want the wet look we can always still soak our hair, but for now just the oils and butter, and only misting the edges and ends is working out great...it was the wetting it (little did i know) that was making it harder to manage, thus needing to wet it again to manage it, like a vicious cycle. i know for some , the oils just sit on thier hair without a water base...but its not doing that in my hair...and i always thought i had to have the "wetness" for moisture

Interesting, I may look into these products. Thanks for the websites.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I have been slowly moving toward those. I went to Carol's Daughter site and bought some hair butter, hair milk and natural oils. I will use these when they come in and see how they compare to my other products I have used over the past months. If they give me the same results...I may be converted!

[/ QUOTE ]

ive read up on all the CD's products and of course have heard the rave reviews, so many love them.....the only thing that has deterred me from trying them is they have beeswax...and ive also heard about beeswax buid-up...might not be a bad thing....i just dunno...so i never got them. come on aboard the natural products train pookey
laugh.gif
...i know you will be converted girl....im sure you will love the CD products...just be on the look out for build up

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
Interesting, I may look into these products. Thanks for the websites.

[/ QUOTE ]
your welcome
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
.....so far girl not wetting (soaking) our hair everyday has proved to have alot of benefits. i guess if we ever want the wet look we can always still soak our hair, but for now just the oils and butter, and only misting the edges and ends is working out great...it was the wetting it (little did i know) that was making it harder to manage, thus needing to wet it again to manage it, like a vicious cycle. i know for some , the oils just sit on thier hair without a water base...but its not doing that in my hair...and i always thought i had to have the "wetness" for moisture

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the problem I have with my hair! Wetting it, the ends mostly did way more damage than anything else because I had to fight with it and keep wetting often for it to not be raggedy and breaking

[ QUOTE ]
CheerBear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
.....so far girl not wetting (soaking) our hair everyday has proved to have alot of benefits. i guess if we ever want the wet look we can always still soak our hair, but for now just the oils and butter, and only misting the edges and ends is working out great...it was the wetting it (little did i know) that was making it harder to manage, thus needing to wet it again to manage it, like a vicious cycle. i know for some , the oils just sit on thier hair without a water base...but its not doing that in my hair...and i always thought i had to have the "wetness" for moisture

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the problem I have with my hair! Wetting it, the ends mostly did way more damage than anything else because I had to fight with it and keep wetting often for it to not be raggedy and breaking

[/ QUOTE ]
girl it took me years to realize this
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
Ebene Naturals, great all natural line of products. http://www.ebenenaturals.com

[/ QUOTE ]

ive heard rave reviews about these products too....im just getting into making my own , and not buying anybody else's.....we shall see how that goes though
wink.gif

not enuff $$$$$ so I have to stick to the syntehtic stuff a lil while longer till Im on an actual salary
laugh.gif

I went through a phase where I was looking for natural products to use & using food on my hair (like buttermilk, mayo, olive oil, etc.) Now I just buy regular hair products. They're cheaper & they smell good. The food now goes in my stomach.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
I went through a phase where I was looking for natural products to use & using food on my hair (like buttermilk, mayo, olive oil, etc.) Now I just buy regular hair products. They're cheaper & they smell good. The food now goes in my stomach.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ewww i never could get into the stuff like mayo, eggs , honey etc. like i see mentioned so much, although i do believe they work wonders. im too scurred lol....im just talkin bout all natural oils and butters, thats as far as im taking it

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
not enuff $$$$$ so I have to stick to the syntehtic stuff a lil while longer till Im on an actual salary
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

girl , well for me, im not really spending any more...ive stopped buying other products due to using these....and the shipping and handling is just about the same as tax on a large stocking up type purchase at Salleys i think..and all this stuff goes a long long way. in the long run i see it saving me money and making life simple

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

girl , well for me, im not really spending any more...ive stopped buying other products due to using these....and the shipping and handling is just about the same as tax on a large stocking up type purchase at Salleys i think..and all this stuff goes a long long way. in the long run i see it saving me money and making life simple

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, okay maybe ill add to my products one by one until i use up all of my old products. Im really interested in that avacado butter
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, okay maybe ill add to my products one by one until i use up all of my old products. Im really interested in that avacado butter
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be a good way to do it
smile.gif

I guess that I am jumping on the natural butter and oils bandwagon because I'm going to be ordering the avocado butter that loverofnaps had rave reviews on. As my hair gets longer I'm sure that I'm going to really need something that helps with shrinkage.

I actually haven't greased my scalp in like a few weeks, which is highly unusual for me. I've gone back to using either Hot 6 Oil on it or nothing. The transition wasn't intentional, I just got lazy, and oil is so much easier to apply than grease.
ohwell.gif

If you check some of my older threads you will note that I have been promoting this since the beginning. Some of my copyrighted recipes are there and currently I am still into the natural oils, homemade recipes where I am using the authentics instead of the watered down knock offs. I do not have to spend hardly any money becuase I freeze my butters, conditioners and use as needed. My hair texture and curl pattern is terrific right now, and I get so many positive comments. It works for me! Bonjour.

[ QUOTE ]
Mahalialee4 said:
If you check some of my older threads you will note that I have been promoting this since the beginning. Some of my copyrighted recipes are there and currently I am still into the natural oils, homemade recipes where I am using the authentics instead of the watered down knock offs. I do not have to spend hardly any money becuase I freeze my butters, conditioners and use as needed. My hair texture and curl pattern is terrific right now, and I get so many positive comments. It works for me! Bonjour.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you share some recipes??

Even when I was relaxed I used a lot of natural products: shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil, avocado butter, and rosemary oil.

But I just ordered a new batch of products a second ago: avocado butter, shea butter, and jojoba oil from Cedarvale.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cindy70 said:
I guess that I am jumping on the natural butter and oils bandwagon because I'm going to be ordering the avocado butter that loverofnaps had rave reviews on. As my hair gets longer I'm sure that I'm going to really need something that helps with shrinkage.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just want to say i was the one that originally posted about avocado butter being like a texturizer...and i have since realized its not only the butter but it was also NOT WETTING my hair....that was the biggest key. and ive since found that ALL the butters and oils work the same on both me and my daughters hair without wetting it constantly..i just dont want anyone to be mistaken about what the avacodo butter will do..it will soften and moisturize wonderfully , but what worked for me was not wetting while using it...i cant say what loverofnaps results were with her hair being wet still , but from what i remeber she said it still helped. but it will not totally eliminate shrinkage , especially while wetting..and while wetting i cant even say it will be minimized..but i truly believe now after giving this time to be tested that what resulted in less shrinkage , frizz etc for me and my daughter was not wetting...not the butter in and of itself. because im getting the same results from all the natural oils and butter im using and so is my daughter

[ QUOTE ]
Mahalialee4 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i will have to look up some of your recipes...so you can freeze the butters? do they lose any of their properties this way?

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Even when I was relaxed I used a lot of natural products: shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil, castor oil, avocado butter, and rosemary oil.

But I just ordered a new batch of products a second ago: avocado butter, shea butter, and jojoba oil from Cedarvale.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ive just discovered them and moved beyond olive oil (although i thank the olive oil for gettin me through some thangs lol) and im too happy, like a kid in the candy store....wanna try them all...maybe its just another form of PJ'ism and im in denial because they are all natural
ohwell.gif

i wanna try making my own conditoner with a mixture of shea butter, honey, olive oil and maybe some coconut oil.

Back