Anybody get a Promise Ring First?

SeeLexus

Just curious how many ladies got a promise ring...before an engagement ring. How long did it take ...

Aw, I remember when i got a promise ring. I was 20 years old and it was with my first love from college. I really thought we were going to get marriage but people grow apart. Looking back he was a good fit, but we still had alot of growing to do. Oh well...I am curious to know about those who got a promise ring and engagement ring too...

My guy friend is giving his girlfriend a promise ring for V-Day. He says its an almost but not quite ready for engagement ring..lawd :look:

My husband gave me a promise ring my junior year of high school. We got engaged 2 years later.

My husband gave me two promise rings. One was about six months after we started dating our senior year of college and another one two years later. About another two years or so later we got engaged.

No, I hope the dude can commit with a engagement ring. I don't see the point of you are an adult like over 23 years old.

I got one when I was 20-21. He proposed when I was 24.

Geez, we have now been together for 11 yrs and married for 4. Every 4 years something new happens :D

I got a promise ring after about a month of us dating.....
He didn't give it to me to promise we would get engaged though. He gave it as a promise that he would be faithful to me.

He proposed a year and a half later, and I said yes, but later we decided not to officially get engaged until we were together for two years.

I didn't know a promise ring was meant as a promise for engagement.

Back