Anybody ever deep conditioned with Shea Butter?

Innocent_Kiss

I swear my relaxed ends don't respond to ANYTHING..but my natural hair was LOVIN IT. I mixed shea butter, olive oil, and honey in a bowl and blended it using whisks so it could be creamier. I covered it with a shower cap for about two hours and rinsed with cool water. Sheen was everywhere (BLING BLING /images/graemlins/cool.gif) and my thickkkkk 4b sections were BABY SOFT. I'm in LOOOOOVVE! I use to just use olive oil and honey which did a decent job, but my natural hair doesn't respond to oils that much so I only used a little EVOO in this mixture. Anybody ever tried this????

<font color="purple">I did use some unrefined shea butter and mixed it with EVOO, Suave Milk &amp; Honey conditioner, coconut milk and soghurm syrup. I nuked it in the microwave, applied it to my dry hair and covered with plastic cap. I left it on for 2 hours. Did my conditioner wash after my protein treatment. My hair did back flips when I touched it. Soft, shiny and moisturized. I bought some blackstrap molasses and going to mix it with shea butter and EVOO for my next pre-'poo treatment tonight. I really love this stuff!! </font>

Thanks for sharing this! I have never used plain Shea Butter before. I just ordered some recently...and I can't wait until it gets here! I am going to try doing this with honey and Coconut Oil. /images/graemlins/up.gif

Back