Anybody else have this problem?

KrystalClear

Ok, so as some of you may know, I've just recently BCed again.
Well, long story short... the nape of my hair is loosely curled.
The picture I took kind of sucks, BUT I know you can see that random curl in the back.

Look:

28ip6w4.jpg

See that big loose curl @ the nape? And that is after I cut some of it because it was way too long looking. It was not coiled up at all, it just hangs.

Do those of you with that loose curl pattern at the nape just let it grow, or do you trim it so it won't look crazy? I'm in my TWA stage right now, so it looks like a tail lol. :spinning:

Southernbella. has mentioned that her nape is a looser texture and will just hang if she doesn't manipulate it. Maybe PM her or check out her fotki.

Last edited:
When I didn't understand how my hair grew I kept cutting the looser textures down at my nape & the front of my head. These days I leave it alone and trim it no more or less than the rest of my hair every 6 months or so.

:lol: I *just* wrapped my "tail" around the rest of my shrunken up ponytail because it was looking so ridiculous hanging there way longer than the rest.

I used to cut it all the time, but now I don't care as much. I pin it out of the way when it looks too obvious, but I wear my hair up a lot, so it usually isn't too noticeable.

I have the same problem but b/c I don't do wash n go's it's not a bother. It only gets worse as the hair grows longer so now it has become a mullet.

I have this problem, but it's the front of my hair that's looser curled and the back is more tightly curled.

So that everything looks uniform, I have to cut the front a few inches shorter than the back so that the front is not looking much longer than the back.

I think most naturals have this problem with multiple textures. My only gripe as a natural is that my hair is not the same texture all over--fortunately there are ways to work around it.

I have the same problem but b/c I don't do wash n go's it's not a bother. It only gets worse as the hair grows longer so now it has become a mullet.

lol, that's what I'm afraid of, having a mullet. I don't recall my nape being THIS loose before on the first go round. lol Maybe the combo of MSM, and drinking more water has loosened my pattern?

i let it grow so my hair ends up having an odd shape to it which is why, if i do a WNG, i have to put my hair in a puff. i can never just wear my hair out. i think a lot of ppl go through this. i wouldn't cut it personally because i like for my hair to look layered when i straighten it. if i cut all of my natural hair to the same length, it wouldn't look as layered. at least that's what i think

I have this same problem too. My nape is a loose 3C and the rest of my hair is 4A. I just let it grow. I would never cut it because that is how my hair naturally grows. It is also the reason why my hair grows in a V shape, which stylists hate because they want to even it out. However my motto is, "Cut my tail and I'll beat your tail."

OH MAN that was me at my first BC....My hair is mostly 4AB but my nape is more of a 3C....its still like that too......Good luck....I didn't wear afros but for a couple months.....:(

I have this problem and it is quite a significant difference. It does look like a mullet. I just let it do what it wants to do

Back