Anybody bored or is it just me ?

divine

I texturized my hair and I like it, but I still want straight hair. I think i'm going to go ahead and let my stylist do a full relaxer since my dad owns the shop.

Anybody else ?

No, not me. I like having curls and "high texture" :lol:

Alothough sometimes I feel pressured into straightening my hair. People straight out tell me to straighten it.

Just for that I'm straightening my hair only 3 times a year (until I reach my goal) instead of once a month like I used to.

Go me :yay:

Porsche19 said:
No, not me. I like having curls and "high texture" :lol:

Alothough sometimes I feel pressured into straightening my hair. People straight out tell me to straighten it.

Just for that I'm straightening my hair only 3 times a year (until I reach my goal) instead of once a month like I used to.

Go me :yay:

Then I guess I am really am all alone....

beyondcute said:
Youre gonna relax over the texturizer? I dont htink youre alone but I like my texture also....
I'm thinking about it....
Since I know how to take care of my hair now, and have all this advice I can take care of my relaxed hair.

When I was relaxed I never wanted moisture or oil in my hair, because white people didn't do that.
I was so misguided....

Aww, your hair is so pretty! As for putting a relaxer over a texturizer, pls be careful about doing that. It may lead to breakage and overprocessed hair. That happened to me, but being that your dad owns a salon, maybe there is someone there w/ the right touch. I wish I could even flat iron my hair. I was told it was too short. My stylist has me on a serious no chemical regime. I am in the same boat, craving strait hair. Ya got some company! :lol:

Natrlchallenge said:
Aww, your hair is so pretty! As for putting a relaxer over a texturizer, pls be careful about doing that. It may lead to breakage and overprocessed hair. That happened to me, but being that your dad owns a salon, maybe there is someone there w/ the right touch. I wish I could even flat iron my hair. I was told it was too short. My stylist has me on a serious no chemical regime. I am in the same boat, craving strait hair. Ya got some company! :lol:

Only one girls doesn relaxers, and she is the head stylist.....
My dad will kill her if she messes my hair up.....
My hair is going to need some serious TLC after I relaxe it though.
Take you for warming my toes up.....

Yeah thats why I asked. It usually not good to do both on eover the other. When you are relaxed I know most people WONT texturize you hair. I think youd be better off letting the head stylist giv eyou a blow out or something...

beyondcute said:
Yeah thats why I asked. It usually not good to do both on eover the other. When you are relaxed I know most people WONT texturize you hair. I think youd be better off letting the head stylist giv eyou a blow out or something...

i agree...the same thing if u wanted color right now...

bad idea....wait....

Yall about to make me cut it off and then relaxe it.....
The 3 minutes I left the texturizer on seemed cool at first, but after almost 2weeks it looks and acts just like my natural hair. I think I messed it up by washing it everyday right after I texturized it.

so confused.....

Porsche19 said:
You can't tetxurize relaxed hair... ??? Texturizing is basically underprocessing hair with a relaxer.

if u added a relaxer it woudl be overprocessing...

it says somewhere on a relaxer box kit doesnt not to even put one on if u have recently washed....

?????????????????

That's why it's impossible to texturize relaxed hair. The relaxed hair doesn't have much if any curl pattern. Texturizing RELAXES hair. If there is nothing much to relax, then what is the point of texturizing? It would be like putting a realxer on already straight hair and expecting curls. A texturizer is not a curly perm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If you added a relaxer to a texturizer for too long, it would cause overprocessing.

Does it even make sense that leaving a relaxer (or texturizer, which is basically a mild relaxer) in your hair for 5 minutes... then relaxing more over that would automatically cause extreme damage?

Someone just recently texturized their hair (looks great btw) sorry the name slipped out of my head... anyways they texturized 2x. Once for 5 minutes, it wasn't straight enough... then again for another 5 minutes. The results would have been the same f she left it in for 10 minutes straight.

Say that she wanted the results of a 15 minute texturizer... all she would have to do is texturize for 5 minutes.

I also re-texturized my own hair, my first texturizer was leaft on for 10 minutes, I didn't like the results. I left the corrective one on for 13 minutes and loved the results. I know keep all of my touchups at 23 minutes. Keep in mind I have resistant hair.

So it is very possible to go from texturized to relaxed, safely. Just subtract the time you left the texturizer in from the time that it takes to relax your hair.

Back