Any Wig Wearers?

MrsHouston

I'm looking for a place to purchase a cute quailty wig. If you have any pics of your wig, online site to purchase, etc. please let my know. TIA

gmbshair.com..i just purchased two more i have a total of 3 by Freetress...check out my album..i meant to put the names of the kind that i have just in case you dont recognize them...they are inexpensive well if you buy the brand of Freetress full cap...i paid 19.95 for each...and it only took them just about 3 days to receive them....thats a wig in my pic also...:D im loving them..

bluediamond0829 said:
gmbshair.com..i just purchased two more i have a total of 3 by Freetress...check out my album..i meant to put the names of the kind that i have just in case you dont recognize them...they are inexpensive well if you buy the brand of Freetress full cap...i paid 19.95 for each...and it only took them just about 3 days to receive them....thats a wig in my pic also...:D im loving them..

Thanks! I like your picture too. I'm going to check out that website. I'm planning to wear one in between getting my braids. I want to wear braids for 1 to 2 mos then let my hair rest (while wearing a wig) for 2 to 3 weeks.

How do you make sure the color is "your" right color?

bluediamond0829 said:

I checked out your pics so nice, I'm going to order one!!!!!!!!!:D

bluediamond, I love the ones you have in your fotki, and they look good on you too.

I have grenada girl, I think. I was scared to get a long one because I thought it would be too OC, but judging by how good yours looks, I think I'll jump out there with a little length.

Your san francisco girl one is the color I need too..or the closest one to my color anyway.

Very nice

Did you soak yours in vinegar & water mix or anything like I've been hearing should be done?

MrsHouston said:
Thanks! I like your picture too. I'm going to check out that website. I'm planning to wear one in between getting my braids. I want to wear braids for 1 to 2 mos then let my hair rest (while wearing a wig) for 2 to 3 weeks.

How do you make sure the color is "your" right color?

Hey, I'm doing the same thing as you. I'll take my braids out early Dec., probably Dec.5 and then condition my hair for about 3 weeks.

Wearing lf one week, upa clip the next, lf again. And then at the end of three weeks, my braids are going back in.:D :lol:

hello ladies im sorry it took so long for me to reply..thank you...i love my wigs..my mom thinks the shorter one looks better and ive been getting alot of compliments and stares...

as far as the color i know that usually my hair is a #2 with weaves...i just usually go with the colors that i think compliment me and my skin tone....i mean none of my hair is showing so i mean i think it just depends on you and what color you want to go with....

thats what i have the short bob one in..no streaks in it...but i may order another short one with some streaks in it..that one is very nice i wore it today for interviews...(Oakland girl)

the other one is Sanfrancisco girl and thats 1b/350..so its like off black and some burgundy redish streaks...

and the other long one i have is 1b/27..off black and blondish brownish streaks(i had the same color streaks in my natural hair color)...

i mean i just basically either try go and try on the wigs before i buy them at a local BSS before i order them so i can have an idea on the color and how it will look on me..

no i didnt soak them in vinegar or water ......i just started wearing them...they are very very natural looking i think because they use less hair...

i was also afraid of getting a long wig but after i tried the first one on i fell in love with it and the Freetress brand....ive also thought about maybe going light with the color maybe trying a #4...i dont want to go too light but i want to vary it up....

say, blue - your album is great!
let me ask you and all the other wig wearers:
what do you wear underneath your wig?

i am SERIOUSLY considering (my mind is 99% made up) wearing wigs at least until my hair gets past my neck all around...this short hair is truly igging me...

i checked the site...as soon as you all answer, i'm purchasing right away!

InNeedofHairapy said:
I have grenada girl, I think. I was scared to get a long one because I thought it would be too OC, but judging by how good yours looks, I think I'll jump out there with a little length.
the grenada girl is really cute...i really like this one:
yhst-2519492840586_1922_18196166

it seems easy to handle given that you don't have to worry about edges showing...i REALLY love this one, but am afraid of how i would have to do my hair around the edges:
yhst-2519492840586_1924_60467472

from36to38 said:
say, blue - your album is great!
let me ask you and all the other wig wearers:
what do you wear underneath your wig?

i am SERIOUSLY considering (my mind is 99% made up) wearing wigs at least until my hair gets past my neck all around...this short hair is truly igging me...

i checked the site...as soon as you all answer, i'm purchasing right away!

yea i had the same issue about my hair growing out too...i was getting bored and almost tempted to go back and cut it short again...i tried the sewin and thought about how much damage that it may do to my hair and how i worked too hard to get it to look like this...if you check back in some of my previous pics you can see what i suffered from last year i did a comparison in my November 2006 album...so i was not going to take myself down that road so thats why i grabed the wigs...and ppl dont even know that its a wig some think that its a sewin lol...

well i wear a nylon wig cap under my wigs...i tried to put the silk scarf and the nylon wig cap on that wasnt a good idea....it was too hot...and then on the other website http://www.growafrohairlong.com/wigs.html ...suggested a comfy grip hair liner...to keep the hair from thinning out in the front...when i get some more money i may go and purchase one....but the prices are ranging between 25.00 to 29.00 for it...

http://especiallyyours.com/product.asp?cid=1&did=205&pid=1125&mscssid=&adsrc=&pg=2&sort=1&attrid=..
not sure yet..maybe i can find one at a local BSS...

Last edited:
bluediamond0829 said:
...suggested a comfy grip hair liner...to keep the hair from thinning out in the front...when i get some more money i may go and purchase one....but the prices are ranging between 25.00 to 29.00 for it...

http://especiallyyours.com/product.asp?cid=1&did=205&pid=1125&mscssid=&adsrc=&pg=2&sort=1&attrid=..
not sure yet..maybe i can find one at a local BSS...

wow...because i've never worn a wig i never knew anything about this...i assume you would put this hair liner under your cap and place the wig on top of the cap? how would this work?

sorry for the questions...i need to get this right ;)

from36to38 said:
wow...because i've never worn a wig i never knew anything about this...i assume you would put this hair liner under your cap and place the wig on top of the cap? how would this work?

sorry for the questions...i need to get this right ;)

im not sure i would think instead of the nylon cap you would wear this then....thats okay about the questions.....

angellazette said:
I wear lacefront wigs...http://public.fotki.com/angelic012/hair-1/weaves/rotesha_-_all_about/

That's one of my latest ones. She tangled up on me but I'm going to do a bleach bath and cross my fingers in hopes that she'll come back to life.
that looks VERY nice!!! what have you used to secure it? any irritation from it at all?

i just sprung for two wigs today...i like them - i'm going for 4 months with my hair covered completely...until the spring, that is...i need lots of options :D

i know my one wig the 1st one that i got is kind of tangling and looking messy at the ends...my friend told me i need to wash it and dont use regular oil sheen on the wig...so i found some cheap wig spray and its been helping out....but the ends of it still doesnt look like it did....i believe i can curl it so maybe one day when im not being lazy i'll try to wash it blowdry it and then recurl it...i hope i dont damage it by doing this....IC makes a liquid cleaner to remove build up but i put it back...

AtlantaJJ said:
Wow, those lacefronts are impressive!!
i like the site, too...but you know what? i am REALLY looking for a lacefront 101 site - something to tell me what to look for, how it's made, how it comes to me, what i do with it, etc.

anyone know of anything like that?

I found a site that has wigs that allow you to wear your hair in a part, I love this! They have all kinds of styles called NewHair... I rather go this route than lacefront. Those things scare me for some reason! :confused:

This would be so versitile !! It has about a 1 inch patch where you can wear your part out... That is slick ! This is human hair, they also have syntetic yaky (I might try a cheapy out first) I could do a 1b/33 which would match my henna!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO
DEERP1-r-j5-EY.JPG

Another one !!

LCY1-r-C-t5-EY.JPG

Move over weaves and extensions, hello NewHairâ„¢!

Want to add colour, length or volume to your hair, or totally change your look? Love the glamour and flexibility of weaves, bonding, braids and other hair extensions but don't have the time or money required? Hate full wigs because..... they look like full wigs! Fed up with the tell-tale bump of half, three-quarter or stocking wigs?

Then you need 'NewHairâ„¢'. Heralded by Black Beauty & Hair Magazine as 'a brand new invention in wig technology that gives you the look and versatility of a weave', NewHairâ„¢ allows you to incorporate a real and natural parting in your hairstyle. It has a small gap in the hairline at the front, through which you bring out your own hair, part it, and brush it over the NewHairâ„¢. This authentic parting allows you to show off your own scalp and roots making it look like all the hair is growing out of your head - unbeatable realism!

Last edited:
ok i want one. i have been looking at them for a while . did any one order from the bargainlace wigs. i looked at thier ebay store and they looked good

prettypuff1 said:
ok i want one. i have been looking at them for a while . did any one order from the bargainlace wigs. i looked at thier ebay store and they looked good
i saw the site and read the faq's...i really want to go local when (if) buying a lacefront because i don't know how to work them...

oh, atlantajj - i LOVE those wigs! i haven't tried one on but i saw them on a site and the look great!

from36to38 said:
i saw the site and read the faq's...i really want to go local when (if) buying a lacefront because i don't know how to work them...

oh, atlantajj - i LOVE those wigs! i haven't tried one on but i saw them on a site and the look great!
I agree, I would have to go local if I went the lacefront route. From what I'm reading, (there was a good FAQ on Ebay) to go cheap may be to go wrong in this instance.

I personally, don't want to invest a lot of money on fake hair anymore, I've done a lot of that in the past...that's just my personal choice right now. All of my dollars are going towards supplements, conditioners lifestyle and health improvements which will result in healthy hair over time. <I'm just reaffirming this decision to myself because I get so tempted by these beautiful lacefronts, I have to keep repeating that montra> Ya'll please remind me of this if I come in here talking about lacefronts! :look: Get me back on point!

Now the wiggies with the little part thing in the front is so cool, I could work with that, it would look more natrual for sure because my biggest problem with wigs and full head weaves are the closeure methods...I hate that no part look! That bugs the #%*&# out of me..!

So whoever gets their lacefronts come here and show pictures please!!

Last edited:
there is someone out here in chicago land area who can install it for me. i like long hair and i have been wantng to get this for a while. i just don't want to spend the money that will be required to get her to make it for me.... i will let you know how it turns out

Back