any type 3 and 4s that can roller wrap with flat iron looking hair once complete

kgard7777

hi ladies i need your help i can do a perfect rollerset but once i take the rollers out and do the saran wrap technique i look like james brown everytime rip. so i end up flat ironing then wrapping with saran wrap with salon results .... i want to cut out the need for direct heat, can anyone relate or know how to do the perfect rollerwrap without flatiron

I can ususally get it pretty flat after I wrap it. After I take the rollers out, I'll rub a little NTM silk touch thru it, wrap it up, slap on my scarf and go to bed. In the morning Its straight with maybe a couple bends...

I haven't tried the saran wrap method, maybe I'll test it this weekend and see what happens. What products are you using for your set??

after i wash and deep conditon with kenra and jojoba oil i use water in my spray bottle lottabody and sometimes Lust Serum by loreal when i remove the rollers i have breakage everywhere i use magnetic rollers and double prong clips they hold better than duck clips by the way your hair looks great

kgard7777 said:
after i wash and deep conditon with kenra and jojoba oil i use water in my spray bottle lottabody and sometimes Lust Serum by loreal when i remove the rollers i have breakage everywhere i use magnetic rollers and double prong clips they hold better than duck clips by the way your hair looks great

:eek: :eek: It might be that lottabody giving you grief!! I tried it once, diluted it down really good with water and still had MAJOR BREAKAGE afterwards. I was real crispy and flakey too. The next time I didn't use it, and was all good.

This is what I do, after my final rinse (DC) I throw a shower cap on my soaking wet head and get dressed. Apply my leave in(s) and proceed with my set. I keep spraying my hair with water to keep it extra wet. No setting lotion at all...This has given me really good results, and after I wrap its super soft and lays without having to use direct heat at all.

After I poo and deep cond., I use fantasia's hair polish (about 2 quarters worth) and I rub this throughout my hair and a spray bottle filled with distilled water, a drop of oil and water and a drop of leave-in. I set and I usually wear 4-5 pincurls to bed. I set my hair on Tuesday and today someasked me if I had pressed and curled. Its smooth and still has shine.

kgard7777 said:
hi ladies i need your help i can do a perfect rollerset but once i take the rollers out and do the saran wrap technique i look like james brown everytime rip. so i end up flat ironing then wrapping with saran wrap with salon results .... i want to cut out the need for direct heat, can anyone relate or know how to do the perfect rollerwrap without flatiron

are u relaxed or natural? If u are relaxed then I agree with wrapping. The saran wrap method is good too. I'm still on a quest for finding out how to rollerset natural hair w/o having to flatiron the roots...anyone have suggestions on that one?

When I was relaxed, I would roller wrap and never have to flat iron my hair afterwards. And I used lottabody.
Make sure the hair is taut around the rollers and that it dries completely before you take it down.

Cleve_gryl said:
:eek: :eek: It might be that lottabody giving you grief!! I tried it once, diluted it down really good with water and still had MAJOR BREAKAGE afterwards. I was real crispy and flakey too. The next time I didn't use it, and was all good.

This is what I do, after my final rinse (DC) I throw a shower cap on my soaking wet head and get dressed. Apply my leave in(s) and proceed with my set. I keep spraying my hair with water to keep it extra wet. No setting lotion at all...This has given me really good results, and after I wrap its super soft and lays without having to use direct heat at all.

Cosigning, this is what I do too. Try the saran wrap too, it really works!

Back