any tips on hair growth????

Kellie15

hey yall...im a newbie here...i have type 1 hair....my hair is reddish-brownish and my hair is straight and lifeless....i rap my hair up everynight and my hair is about an inch past my shoulders and i wanna grow my hair badly...anybody have any tips for me???thanxs

i wash my hair once a week and i use aveda shampoos and conditioners....i wrap my hair up and don't take the wrap out until necessary.....i don't like to apply heat to my hair...i don't take any supplements of any kind

Welcome Kellie!
wave.gif

What are you currently using on your hair? I'm sure if you list your current regimen..the ladies here can critique it and help you to achieve your goals!
think.gif

Kellie15,

Welcome to The LHCF!
Rose.gif

This forum is loaded with helpful tips!
There's so much hair knowledge available here!
Too much for me to type! Search the site. You'll come across hair regimens, product info, etc...

I'm not familiar with your hair type (Type 1), but there has to be a member(s) out here to help you.
They would be more than happy to make some suggestions!

Hi Kellie15....Welcome to LHCF!
wave.gif

There is a wealth of info on this forum that you will find beneficial to you. You have to weigh everything out based on your hair's need, type and the amount time your willing to investing on your goals. One of my favorite thread is a compilation of post put together by a member named HoneyRockette (sp). Check it out, you might find something there to aid you in obtaining your goal.
One of my favorite threads

welcome
wave.gif

Sorry luv, I'm not familiar with type 1 hair, but maybe conditioner washes could help to give your hair some volume & life
confused.gif
.... just a thought.

Do u have any pics u could share with us?
poke.gif

Hi Kellie and welcome to the board
wave.gif

What condition is your hair in? Is it healthy? Are u experience breakage? Is it oily, dry, frizzy etc. I think that's the first step. I would also beware of wrapping too much as it can thin your hair out especially around the hairlines.

But I agree with the condition washes, that really helps to grow your hair and to retain the length that u have.

Wash you hair frequently, this will help as you can massage scalp to simulate blood and promote growth.

Also take care of your ends keep them well moisturised

Keep hair well moisturised.

There are a lot of products out there that you should be careful of, anything especially containig mineral oil, and alcohol, and petroleum.

Back