Any Thoughts on the Revlon Air Straight?

DVAntDany

Cool concept. I will watch it a while. May not be a good fit for me because I typically avoid wet/dry iron but I will watch it a while.
I'm going to wait also. I don't think the blow feature will be that affective for my hair either, but hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

I think the most innovative thing about it is that with one tool you can blow dry your hair with the teeth running through it. It like an upgrade to those bristle clamp hair brushes that died out in popularity. Its now in one system. So it can be used like the pick or teeth attachment to a blow dryer.

I do want to reiterate that using both the blow dry feature and the flat iron feature at the same time is only one setting out of many. Blow drying as well as flat ironing can both be done separately. I just think it is interesting to put them all in one tool. It would be great for traveling and not having to carry so many hair hair items.

My MaxiGlide broke (as in, literally crumbled to pieces - no idea how or why it happened), and I’ve been looking for a replacement. This looks like a good option.

Ok I definitely don't need another hair tool but who cares about that?? lol I'll wait for some reviews to come in first though.

edit - watched the video again and realize the teeth are also ceramic. As blow dryer that's probably too harsh on my hair texture, as a flat iron might be okay but I don't need extra airflow when I flat iron. I'll probably pass!

Forget that. My hairdresser used the Rev-Air to dry my hair before my last silk press and all I was feeling was this cold air and I was like- What type of sorcery is this?! :eek:

listening-it-crowd.gif

Forget that. My hairdresser used the Rev-Air to dry my hair before my last silk press and all I was feeling was this cold air and I was like- What type of sorcery is this?! :eek:

That price though… :eek2:

Lawd

Looks like she is using the Dyson one. Her results look good.

Lawd

Wow!

They trying to take everyone’s money @Lylddlebit

200w.gif

They trying to take everyone’s money @Lylddlebit

I was saying in the supersonic thread that mentioned this, that most examples of Dyson tools DON'T reflect the results people who get salon results would experience or model the usage of the tool with accuracy. Hers does and I believe hers are the type of results results I would get on my hair with practice. I have decided I want this, but with a bundle that includes extra accessories. So I can wait for the hype to die down before purchase.

Last edited:
@Lylddlebit our tool collection looking very similar :lachen:. I want this too. I was pleasantly surprised by her results. It looks like a gentle press, and from my reading the machine doesn't get hotter than something like 285F. I am genuinely intrigued. I will also wait a bit before purchasing. I want to see more examples of people using it with my hair type and getting excellent results first. By next year I should be ready to purchase.

I think a tool like this is what will make me a straight haired natural atleast 75% of the time.

@Lylddlebit our tool collection looking very similar :lachen:. I want this too. I was pleasantly surprised by her results. It looks like a gentle press, and from my reading the machine doesn't get hotter than something like 285F. I am genuinely intrigued. I will also wait a bit before purchasing. I want to see more examples of people using it with my hair type and getting excellent results first. By next year I should be ready to purchase.

I think a tool like this is what will make me a straight haired natural atleast 75% of the time.

Love it! I rotate soft press, natural and hard press styles. This will absolutely fit within my arsenal. Love the Revairs, but they aren't travel friendly for me. I like that this doesn't have the tines like the Revlon version. No tines mean less chance of snagging as I stretch(similar to what I love about Revair) and this can be a portable version of Revair results.

Last edited:
Looks like different tiers of similar products have been available for a little bit. So if someone wants an item within this category there are variations within features and price ranges to decide between. I like options even though I think Dyson will be the best fit for me.

Last edited:
I’m scared to buy anything at this point. I struggle with buying some mousse! But I have had my eye on the Rev for a year now?

@Evolving78 or any ladies interested you can have a new one at discount. I think paypal has 4 payments now and longer payments for things at 199 dollar level if you qualify so you can break it up through them into reasonble payments. Never used. I paid $400 from memory. I still have a new un opened rev air that I've had for over a year and a half. It's still in the box unopened. But since I've had medical issues, I've opted out of trying it for now. Nothing wrong with the dryer. I just can't be bothered. When I wash my hair I just let it air dry or go under a hooded dryer.

So anyways, if anyone wants it dm me a reasonable price and I will do a paypal and have it shipped to you asap :) I'll even find a place to insure it for you to make certain it's covered.

Last edited:
I just bought the Revlon Air Straight today, since it happened to be in-stock at the local Ulta. Not going to be able to try it anytime soon though… it’s supposed to rain through next Saturday.

It comes with a black glove… I haven’t read the instructions yet, so I’m not sure what it is for.

I just bought the Revlon Air Straight today, since it happened to be in-stock at the local Ulta. Not going to be able to try it anytime soon though… it’s supposed to rain through next Saturday.

It comes with a black glove… I haven’t read the instructions yet, so I’m not sure what it is for.
The glove is probably to protect your hand so you won't burn yourself.

The glove is probably to protect your hand so you won't burn yourself.
That did not occur to me, at all… :lol: must be a new thing, preemptive safety precautions. I’m from the times when people were expected to figure that out for themselves. I still remember being amazed that a hot comb I bought in the early 1990s came with a flimsy little metal and plastic rest for it - that was “high tech” gadgetry to me. :lol:

So I finally got a chance to try the Revlon Air Straight (three months after I bought it :look: ). It’s definitely not like my beloved though disintegrated Maxiglide. :nono: You have to dry your hair first, and can only use the flat-iron setting once your hair is mostly dry. All it really does is spare you from having to use separate two tools, but you still have two steps, since you have to blow dry first before switching to the flat-iron mode. However, just the blow-dryer mode, by virtue of the way it is designed, does get the hair fairly straight on its own. If I had put more effort into using it properly (i.e., not at 4 o’clock in the morning after two crazy days, :lol: ) and perhaps planned better with products (I just used some very old leftover Maxiglide Beyond Straight Temporary Straightener balm and Sabino Moisture Block), the results might have been better. However, the size prevents you from getting close to the roots, so if I wanted to get a truly straight look, I would have to use the Miniglide that came with my defunct Maxiglide (and thankfully is still intact) on my edges. In fact, I would say that the size of the Revlon Air Straight would make it better for longer hair - perhaps APL or longer. I wasn’t able to get a good, clear picture, but hopefully this gives an idea. For reference, my hair is more 3C/4A these days, with some bits of 3A and 3B sprinkled through, with medium-coarse strands, and varies in length from mid-back to tailbone stretched.721D7EF7-8C20-49BE-BA60-4CEFD7E3D0DB.jpeg
And I did not use the included glove, because it comes with a label warning that it could melt. It was easier to take my chances with my bare hands, :lol: .

Back