Any texturized gals doin' braidouts?

soslychic

Any texturized gals doin\' braidouts?

HEY YALL!

As I've posted before, I find that when I do a braid out (I've never really had a successful one), the portions that I got "too straight" and that I recently found out did NOT float in the water
laugh.gif
.... come out silky and shiny and incredible while I rest of my texturized hair (which I prefer in most instances) comes out ok, but not nearly as silky and kinda blah lookin'. Are any of you texturized ladies doing braidouts? Do you have any pictures? What do you use do get that extra "oomph" out of your texturized hair?

Re: Any texturized gals doin\' braidouts?

I don't do any braidouts, and I recently texturized, but my hair looks like I did a braidout when it dries. It has loopy s curls when it's wet, but it dries and shrinks to an inch past shoulderlength and looks like I braided my hair or did a twist out.

That's good, my hair dries curly too. I wanted to try braid/twist outs because once I get to the point where I have a TON of new growth, I have to experiment with "setting" the new growth in some way too and not just letting it airdry out.

What is your newgrowth like? How long can you go without twisting out before the newgrowth is really noticeable? I'm figuring that the newgrowth twisted part might be very crinkly compared to the hair everywhere else. How about doing the braid out but before doing it use a little oil on the newgrowth that way it'll dry smooth and shiny.

How do you gals textuize? Meaning, I know someone who does, but her hair is kind of straight/nat. crly after airdrying, not like a nice curl or wave pattern from a braidout kind of look?

I tried braidouts, it lasted about a day and a half. My hair had gotten too many tangles and knots because it's already curly and all I have to do is wash with a conditioner, rinse and apply a leave-in and a serum. Looks better than a braidout because the ends have the same curl pattern as the rest of the length.

I haven't tried a braid-out/twist-out in a long time, but I would imagine that I would eventually end up with too many knots for my taste. That's what happened when I twisted when I was natural. I haven't had them since texturizing. I'm with crysdon, my hair looks better without a braidout because of the consistency of the curl throughout.

soslychic, why can't you let the new growth air dry with the rest of your hair if you're wearing it curly?

gtpi, most of us texturize with a relaxer, either regular or mild strength.

I used to do braid outs a lot, but not as much now. I think my hair gets less tangles and knots when it's not being braided so much. But even without a braid out, my hair is still very wavy and curly.

I havent done a braid out but my twist outs come out looking pretty good and I get compliments.

I just spritz my dry clean hair with a little water, my leave in, and scurl. then apply kemi oil shea butter pomade and make about 6 cornrowed flat twists and roll the ends with a roller, make sure to put end papers on the ends of hair for protection. Make sure hair is completely dried before taking down flat twists and thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]soslychic, why can't you let the new growth air dry with the rest of your hair if you're wearing it curly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can and usually do but after 2 months, my new growth is so much that if I just let it dry with the rest, it dries a noticably different texture so I wanted someting to create a more or less uniform curl throughout.

Back