Any Suggestions??

Mamamia

I just started caring correctly for my hair. It is softer with the mango butter and the carrot creme keeps it moisturized, but i have another dilemma that I need help with. The reason I wanted to do this was because my hair was a little past my shoulder and broke off terribly uneven due to wrong products and stress. My new growth is coming in thick and healthy, but what was relaxed three months ago is breaking off. The back middle of my hair is exremely short and the sides are past my chin. I was wondering if I should go to a salon and get it trimmed up and my new growth relaxed (my hair grows good with the right relaxer).If so, should I use a protein conditoner before hand? Or should I do braids and give my hair a rest from everything and time to grow? I've never had braids and I'm scared it would damage what was relaxed already. Do any of you have an idea as to how I can wear my hair until I get a substantial amount of growth?

So far I've been using:
Carrot Creme for moisture
Olive, Jojaba, and Clove oil
Mango Butter
Creme of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo
Hask Henna and Placenta Conditoner (Love this stuff!!)

If it's been 3 months since your relaxer, the breakage may be a sign that the two textures are not getting along. You have two options here...get a relaxer or wait and do some intense conditioning and hot oil treatments at least once a week. Either way, you need to get some protein in your hair to halt the breakage and strengthen the hair...especially if you decide to get relaxed. I suggest Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and their leave-in restructurizer. Both of these products has completely halted my breakage.

If you decide not to relax, I would do a hotoil treatment 2x per week using coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil and a few essential oils. Deep condition with heat each wash. After completion, srpay some of the APhogee leave-in and then some s-curl. Fix your hair into a ponytail. Take some hair grease and cover the hair hanging out of the ponytail. Twist the hair and secure it with a scrunchie. This routine has been working really well for me. Let me know how this all turns out and what you decide.
smile.gif

Back