Any SUGGESTIONS For Tomorrow??

gabulldawg

Tomorrow's the big day!! I'm getting my relaxer after a 12 week stretch!!! Anyway, my roots are soooooo nappy, especially since I stopped using BT!! I wet it a few days ago just to manage it and let it airdry. Anyone have any suggestions for how I should prepare my hair for my relaxer in order to prevent the most breakage? Should I section it off and braid it? Should I just leave it? (Right now I'm just wearing it pulled back in a bun because I haven't been able to comb it!) Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, since I'm a newbie and all. :grin:

gabulldawg said:
Tomorrow's the big day!! I'm getting my relaxer after a 12 week stretch!!! Anyway, my roots are soooooo nappy, especially since I stopped using BT!! I wet it a few days ago just to manage it and let it airdry. Anyone have any suggestions for how I should prepare my hair for my relaxer in order to prevent the most breakage? Should I section it off and braid it? Should I just leave it? (Right now I'm just wearing it pulled back in a bun because I haven't been able to comb it!) Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated, since I'm a newbie and all. :grin:

Oh, how exciting!!!!!! :D

If you section it and braid it, then i would be VERY gentle about combing it and irritating your scalp. I hope they are good with detangling, so that you lose minimal hair (just the accumulated shed hair).

Good luck!!!! Cant wait to see pics!!!! :)

Thanks for the advice, Kinikakes! I am also very flattered that you responded! You are one of my hair (and fashion) idols! :grin: I would LOVE to hear from others, though.

gabulldawg said:

Yes, please section it off and braid it so they don't rip through your hair. Do they put anything on your hair to protect it before relaxing? If not put something thick on your ends like vaseline and something a little bit lighter on the length to protect it. I use something like thick condish on the rest of the legnth and Chi silk infusion on the newgrowth.

Oh, I just realized you're a Ga bulldog.:cool: Forget everything I said as I'm a Fl Gator.:look: Just kidding!!;)

LOL!! I forgive you!! :grin: Just kidding! Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate that. I will CAREFULLY section it off tonight. Yes, the girl that I've been going to does use some type of base before putting the relaxer on. I will probably put some vaseline on the ends anyway. Couldn't hurt.

Girl I know how you feel. I was there just in Feb and was so excited I could hardly stand it. I just did my normal routine. My hair was in a messy pin up and I left work and went for my appt. My stylist was very pleased with the healthy condition of my hair after a 12 wk stretch even though it was kinky. You will love the results of stretching. Congrats!

Back