Any Reformed PJs

moneychaser

I can honestly say that i am no longer a PJ
icon_surprised.gif
Anyone else???
Am I alone....
tumbleweed.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
The final straw was this conditioner drying the crap out of my hair /images/graemlins/mad.gif Ever since, I have been weary of trying anything new /images/graemlins/look.gif

I can say I too am a reformed PJ. I see new products ladies are mentioning, but I don't want to try them. Is that crazy? I am happy with my current products so I don't feel that want or need to get anything new. I knew I was reformed when I went into a beauty supply and came out empty handed...who knew that could happen. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ETA: I use PhytoSpecific products and I use Lacio Lacio, H-Two Leave-in and Fantasia IC Heat Protector. Nothing more nothing less. Well, unless you count the oil I made, but other than that nothing more nothing less.

I reformed last year... after i found keracare /images/graemlins/love.gif Every now and again and i will purchase something on the recommendation of one of my girls here, but other than that. FUGGEDABOUTIT! i've got a shelf and a half full of crap i don't even use now! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Before, i'd was in the bss just to walk in... now i walk past it and my bank acct. thanks me for it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes especially since I actually found inexpensive products that work on my hair. I'll stick look at products and examine new lines- but I very rarely actually buy anything outside of my regular products.

I've been reformed for about 3 years now and stick mainly to nexxus products, with the occasional purchase of other stuff (salerm 21, giovanni direct, aubrey GPB).

What products do you other reformed PJs use?

Raising hand here.

I still /images/graemlins/look.gif, but I am stuck on Nexxus right now. I'm not going to change my selections until I find that my hair is outgrowing the benefits.

Well for now I'm reformed. But I'm still transitioning. I hope all my products work for me when I chop or else I will be forced back into the world of PJism /images/graemlins/look.gif

Yeah, I'm reformed. When I first joined the forum, I was buying everything recommended, which is why I have SO many products that I don't use. I have found products that work for me, and no longer feel tempted to experiment. I also stock up on my favorites when Trade Secret has their 2 liters for $25 sale, so I never run out and feel tempted to stray.

I'm reformed, at least for now! When I first came to LHCF, I tried EVERYTHING. Now I'm sticking with the braids challenge, so I have discovered surge and s-curl and I stick with those. When I wash my hair I use Creme of nature poo and conditioner, acv rinse, and cholesterol deep conditioner..then CO wash with Vo5 nourishing oasis the rest of the time.

Like Naptrl, I tried a bunch of stuff when I got here! I have settled in with the things I tried that really worked, like WGO and Surge (even though we have a love-hate relationship), /images/graemlins/smile.gif but I have gone completely old school- back to basics and I couldn't be happier w/the results:

Mane 'N Tail Shampoo/Cond
Creme of Nature Shampoo
African Pride Hair Grease
Wild Growth Oil
Surge

I am reformed also. My current products are working so well on my hair that I actually have no desire to RISK trying anything new.

Not JennMD!!! You're the 'International PJ'!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well I too, have gotten over having to buy it all. My last straw was the Amla crap /images/graemlins/down.gif (poo and oil). At least I learned to buy smaller sizes! But I finally have a true regime and my hair is loving it, so I'm just re-stocking /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I am reformed for now. My problem is that when I go on PJ spulurges I always find one product that makes up for 9 that didn't work. I like having a variety of products that work really good and since my hair hates alot of things I have to go through a lot of products to find that one special product.

However, at last count I have 40 products that I haven't even tried yet and 20 more that I know I don't like and I plan on wearing weaves for the next year. so I haveto stop buying. Keep an eye on the Product Exchange board because I am getting rid of everything.

i'm almost reformed but there are still a few product lines that i have to try like kenra, deep brilliance, & elucence and then i'll be reformed.

Well I relapsed because my staples stopped working on my hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif nothing works anymore so I have become a PJ again.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Not JennMD!!! You're the 'International PJ'!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well I too, have gotten over having to buy it all. My last straw was the Amla crap /images/graemlins/down.gif (poo and oil). At least I learned to buy smaller sizes! But I finally have a true regime and my hair is loving it, so I'm just re-stocking /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I know right! I still have my Indian products...but they smell up the house some kinda bad!
I might have to take back my statement b/c I am leaving for Italy later this month /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

I never used many products on my hair. After joining the forum, I started using more products. Now I see that using a lot of products really isn't needed. I'm not a PJ but feel like one with the few products I have. Now I'm trying to use up the products I have to get rid of them and before I buy other products that are needed for my hair.

I am happy to say I am a reformed one as well. I was going crazy earlier this year with buying products. Now I have found new stuff like kenra that work excellently with my hair and are my staples. I gave away all my stuff today that I don't use to a co- worker. She was extremely grateful.

[ QUOTE ]
KAddy said:
I can say I too am a reformed PJ. I see new products ladies are mentioning, but I don't want to try them. Is that crazy? I am happy with my current products so I don't feel that want or need to get anything new. I knew I was reformed when I went into a beauty supply and came out empty handed...who knew that could happen. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ETA: I use PhytoSpecific products and I use Lacio Lacio, H-Two Leave-in and Fantasia IC Heat Protector. Nothing more nothing less. Well, unless you count the oil I made, but other than that nothing more nothing less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too KAddy. I see new products that the ladies are mentioning and I don't want to try them either, because I am too happy with my products and I don't want to try anything new.

I'm a reformed PJ! It took me the longest time to find conditioners that don't end up drying my hair out. Whenever anyone would rave about a new product...I would be one of the people to jump on the bandwagon and try it out. Now I have my conditioners set...and my product lines set. No more Pjing for me...

I;m done too. My goal in 2005 is NO NEW PRODUCTS. I have found the shampoos, conditioners & leave ins and hair moisturizers that I like . My collection is so huge, I think it will last me all of 2005. I would really like to reduce my shampoos. I think it is ok to have lots of conditioner.

Shampoos: Cream of Nature Ultra Moisturizing, Lanza Protein Plus, Botanoil, Curressence, Diametress, African Formula Shea Butter Conditioning.

Conditioners: ORS Hair Mayo, Miss Key 10 en 1, Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor, Kenra Moisturizing, Nature's Gate Rosemary, Tresemme Vitamin E Moisturizing, Finesse Moisturizing.

Leave Ins: Lacio Lacio, Headress

Grease, Moisturizers: B&B, Recovery, Mango Butter, Botanigel, ORS Carrot Oil

Scalp Treatments: Vitatress Biotin Creme, ORS Temple Balm

Hair Oil: Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids

I just became a PJ in May 2004 because it was the first time I had worn my OWN hair out in awhile and I had to find out what worked for me and what didn't - so it was a NEEDED PJ'ism experience.

I do believe in line products working together (Keracare, NTM) and I believe in rotation. For ME...this keeps a product from no longer being effective on my hair and not having to stop using it.

I feel that I have narrowed down my rotating staples:
Keracare Shampoo/Conditioner (w/related products), NTM Line,
I will be getting Kenra MC (still debating the shampoo on that one though - as the Keracare seemed to work just fine with it in combination for me). I will NEVA let go of my Ultra Moisturizing CON. And with the blessing of my cousin and SouthernGirl - I will be implementing Mane n Tail.

I feel set for continued hair health and no longer feel the need to be humping around like Bobby Brown in the BSS anymore. I've found my main honeys. I feel reformed at this time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i'm almost reformed but there are still a few product lines that i have to try like kenra, deep brilliance, & elucence and then i'll be reformed.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah right ladylibra keep telling yourself that. First step is admitting it... /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I would very much like to be and after spending some money today (bought some bun covers and Keracare super recon)/images/graemlins/look.gif I would like to jump onto the bandwagon. I have humecto and after buying most of the NTM products I think I have "arrived". I have found great products and I should stick with them. My problem is with the grass being greener and all. I'm always thinking something will make it SOFTER. Yes, my current product works great but what if...what if...what if. I have to shut down that what if and I think I will be fine /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My goal for 2005 is to use up all my products. I have enough of everything to last the WHOLE year or more without buying anything else. Wish me luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back