Any Recommendations on Natural/Organic Moisturizers?

Ambitious1013

Hi Ladies! :) I am looking for recommendations on any creamy natural/organic daily moisturizers. I am currently using Giovanni Direct but I am wanting to try something else. Any suggestions???

My sister and I have been looking for products with no parabens or cones in them and all we seem to have come up with is Giovanni and Shea Moisture products. I thought ORS was gonna be the organic line for me but way at the bottom of the list there are parabens and a cone or two:( . I am anxious to hear if anyone else knows of any other line of organic hair products:ohwell: Please share.

I'd love to find one myself!!

Is there a specific “Shea Moisture” product that I can look for? …And where

Also how do you know when a product has parabens in them?

I’m currently using Giovanni Direct myself but Im looking for something else

Most of the natural and organic lines are found either in the health food stores or on line.

Some of the natural/organic companies that have good moisturizers on line:
-Jane Carter Solution
-Curls*
-Blended Beauty*
-My Honey Child*
-Qhemet Biologics*
-Ashas*
-Oyin Handmade*
-Anita Grant
-Jessicurl

In stores:
Giovanni
Aubrey
Nature's Gate Naturals
John Masters
Kiss My Face

*I've personally used moisturizers from these companies. My favorite is probably Milkshake by Curls.

Are there any natural/organic hair strengtheners out there? I really what to strengthen and thicker up my hair

Lebiya, You'll know they have parabens or cones by looking at the list of ingredients on the container. Look for methylparaben, propylparaben etc. or trimethicone & dimethicone.

I'd like to contribute but I'm not sure what you mean when you referring to "moisturizer". Giovanni Direct is a leave-in conditioner.... Are you interested in styling product that's moisturizing?

I was just at two health food stores today so I saw quite a few brands that offered conditioners and other items that may serve as moisturizers. Out of these, I liked the Mandarin Jelly the best:

Aubrey Organics
Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly
Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly Eight hair-nourishing Chinese herbals, plus hair-thickening vitamin B-5 and herbal gums add up to one superb styling product that moisturizes as it holds. Adds body and shine without weighing down the hair.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aloe Vera Gel, Tragacanth and Gum Arabic Blend, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Chinese Magnolia Blossoms, Chinese Angelica, Chrysanthemum, Earth Smoke, Morus Root, Mandarin Orange Peel, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Sea Buckthorn Leave-In Conditioner & Curl Activator
Spray-on conditioner adds body and softness and brings curls back to life with burdock and egg oils. Use after your regular conditioner and in-between shampoos to redefine curls and protect hair from blow dryer damage. (Not a vegan product.)

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Essential Fatty Acid Base, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Aloe Vera, Natural Grain Alcohol, Egg Protein Oil, Burdock Oil, Oat Protein, Vitamin F, White Camellia Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Sunflower Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Camomile Oil.

Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In Conditioner is another one. I also saw the John Masters products as well.... They cost some BANK!

Pure African Shea butter is what I have found to be the best moisturizer on my 4abc...lmnop...xyz :)lachen: ) roots.

RelaxerRehab said:
I'd like to contribute but I'm not sure what you mean when you referring to "moisturizer". Giovanni Direct is a leave-in conditioner.... Are you interested in styling product that's moisturizing?
Thanks RelaxerRehab! I use Giovanni Direct also as a daily moisturizer on dry hair as well. So I am looking for a product that I can use daily on dry hair.

Thanks for the recommendations ladies! Keep them coming!!! :)

Ambitious1013 said:
Thanks RelaxerRehab! I use Giovanni Direct also as a daily moisturizer on dry hair as well. So I am looking for a product that I can use daily on dry hair.

Thanks for the recommendations ladies! Keep them coming!!! :)

Ooohhh... ok. I understand now....

If your looking for an organic moisturizer to moisturize and thicken I would definetly recommend castor oil. It works great! It even seemed to mend my split ends. I washed my hair and used Apple Cider Vinegar and then applied castor oil. My hair felt soft and extemely healthy. I am always frustrated with my ends because they always look dry and split but not this time. I recently got a dominican blow out after applying the castor oil for about two weeks. My hair has never looked so healthy and thick. I always get my hair trimmed when I straighten my hair because I am natural and it is easier, but I didn't because my ends looked so good. But Anyway I would definetly recommend castor oil it is great. Tomorrow I will be getting a digital camera and will post pics. Shot out to my dad for the best buy gift certificate!!!!!!! lol

I am using Royal Roots Detangling Conditioner. It is my HG right now. I use it as a leavein and a daily moisturizer. It is not heavy but keeps my natural 4a/b hair moisturzed. It only costs about $6 and it is made by a black-owned company.

I've personally found Phyto 9 "Daily Ultra Nourishing Cream" by Phytotherathrie (same makers of Phytorelaxer)to be a fantastic moisturizer. It consist mainly of plant extracts and macadamia seed oil, however I'm not certain if it is completely absent of parabens.

Anyway its good stuff but it is expensive ($24 for 1.7 fl oz) :perplexed so I buy it occasionally and use it sparingly, usually on my ends.

Are these lines good for Naturals too?

Giovanni
Aubrey
Nature's Gate Naturals
John Masters
Kiss My Face

I’ve noticed when I apply a moisturizer. My hair seems to get really dry and crunch minutes later …Im in need of a good moisturizer for natural hair that REALLY moisturizes ..something in stores would be nice..something in Canada would be nicer

Back