Any recommendations for a good Mango Butter?

NidiaSophia

Hey there,

I am looking for a good mango butter. I searched old threads but couldnt find anything (maybe I am looking wrong).

Can anyone recommend anything? If you got it online please let me know the website address :)

Thanks ladies,

Shelly

fromnaturewithlove.com has pure mango butter. It's very hard, like cocoa butter. I melt mine in a double boiler and mix in papaya oil and a little coconut oil. When it cools the consistency is very soft and it's excellent for sealing in moisture.

Last edited:
Is mango butter a cream colour with like a darker greeny, black colour running through? I bought some and it looked like this. I looked like mould to me. I brought it back and was told it was meant to be like that but I didn't like the look of it so I exchanged for some shampoo. So I'm just wondering if she was telling the truth?

SerenityBreeze said:
I like Elasta QP - It is on the heavy side. I use it for my ends.

I like the Elasta QP Mango Butter. It works good when I do use it. For my ends though, I have been using ORS Carrot Oil and some times Aphogee EFA oil. The heat is a killer so I have to keep my ends moisturised. All of these work well on my hair but I favor the latter two. HTH

camellia said:
fromnaturewithlove.com has pure mango butter. It's very hair, like cocoa butter. I melt mine in a double boiler and mix in papaya oil and a little coconut oil. When it cools the consistency is very soft and it's excellent for sealing in moisture.

Thanks!!! Quick question though, do you use this mixture on your entire hair or just end? Please tell me exactly how you apply it and how much? Do you apply it after moisturizing?

GirlywithCurlies said:
Another lady on the forum raved about J/A/S/O/N mango butter. Try looking it up, I can't vouch cuz I've never tried it. HTH.
:lol: Your probably referring to me,, All i have to say is JASON mango butter,,( its made as a skin balm) it may be available at Vitaminshoppe.com. I got mine at a local health store here in NYC. I had a bad experience with Elasta QP mango butter but this stuff is AMAZING, If anyone finds this stuff PLEASE give it a try just for me:D, its so good for ends

NidiaSophia said:
Thanks!!! Quick question though, do you use this mixture on your entire hair or just end? Please tell me exactly how you apply it and how much? Do you apply it after moisturizing?

Pure mango butter should be white and very hard. I've never had any that had green or any other colors in it...:confused:

I use it on the length of my hair. After washing I apply Humectress as a leave in and then I "seal" it with the butter. I'm probably too heavy handed, but I use about two or three tablespoons of butter on all of my hair. Afterwards I put my hair in two braids or up in a french twist to dry.

Back