Any Reason I Shouldn't Do A Corrective? Texlax

lana

Hi ladies, I'm a long time member looking for a bit of help.

I'm using Mizani Lye Relaxer for Fine/Color treated hair for my Texlax.

I usually leave it on for 7 minutes for Texlaxed results. I have 4a/b hair and I like to wear it flat ironed.

I've noticed that the first 3 inches are great, look wonderful, shiny, pretty, healthy...but the rest of my hair has an almost natural texture and it shrinks up like I'm natural when it's wet.

Is there any reason that I shouldn't do a corrective on the length of my hair? I want to leave the relaxer on for about 5 minutes so that it processes properly (and looks more like the new growth that I processed about 3 months ago).

I usually go 3-4 months between touch ups. What do you think?

Just an update...I'm so glad that I tried it out on one section only because my hair fell out...

Just kidding!

I went ahead and did the corrective on my back middle section and sure enough got silky smooth results! :) I'll have to pick and choose whether or not I want to do this on the sections of hair that appear to be underprocessed. It worked out great and I'm glad I was brave enough to try it on my own.

Just an update...I'm so glad that I tried it out on one section only because my hair fell out...

Just kidding!

I went ahead and did the corrective on my back middle section and sure enough got silky smooth results! :) I'll have to pick and choose whether or not I want to do this on the sections of hair that appear to be underprocessed. It worked out great and I'm glad I was brave enough to try it on my own.

Had I seen this last week, I would have advised you to wait at least 6 weeks to reprocess. I'm glad it worked out for you nevertheless! Make sure to use protein if you haven't already.

Back