Any Reactions to MTG?

metamorfhosis

Hello Ladies-

Have you had any adverse reactions to MTG? :cry3: There was one lady on another board who had a terrible rash after using MTG. Have you had any problems since using MTG?

I noticed that no one replied...well that is why I tried it ....only positive comments about MTG and it took my hair out and made my ears dry and scaly. I had to do the big chop because after using it for 2 months...saturated hair after shampoo and conditioner...and airdrying in poneytail....I stopped using it because despite the dry itchy scalp and scaly dry ears ....my hair really really grew...over 2 inches...and it made my 3 months of new growth veryvery soft.....but my hair would come out by the handfulls after I stopped using it....but I am natural bald and happy now and I will let my hair grow the old fashioned way from now on....shampoo and conditioner...ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MTG made dime sized nodules under the skin at my nape area {my lymph nodes are more vital than growing hair quickly,} so I don't use it there anymore. I use it judiciousy, once in a while at my front hairline and whole scalp excluding nape for 15 minutes immediately pre-shampoo. I think other natural stimulants such as rosemary, sage etc. are safer.
DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE, MTG HAS NEGATIVES TOO!

I've had no problems. Oh I had a couple more gray hairs but that's it. Sorry to hear about the other ladies who could not use it. Maybe they are alergic to sulfer. I know a lot of people who are. I love my MTG. I have used it on and off.

I used it and developed contact dermatitis from it. The skin on the back of my neck became very dry and scaly. I was already stretching my relaxer when I tried it and didn't get to use it more than 5 weeks so I really can't say whether or not there was any growth from it.

I realize not everything works for everybody and for every one of us who had a negative experience from it, there will be someone else who can swear by the results. It's just one of those things!

Hi I am the rash poster....lol. To tell you the truth my hair had no extreme growth from the MTG. Besides it broke my face out like crazy, so I stopped using it a couple of months ago.

metamorfhosis said:
Hello Ladies-

Have you had any adverse reactions to MTG? :cry3: There was one lady on another board who had a terrible rash after using MTG. Have you had any problems since using MTG?

nope, but my silver has. The sulfer reacts with silver and causes it to oxidize, so I'd strongly recommend not wearing silver. It doesn't ruin it, but you will have to clean the silver if MTG comes in contact with it.

But other than that, no skin reactions for me personally.

ETA: I only use it once a week on my scalp only via a application bottle. No additives, just straight MTG.

Last edited:
motherx2esq said:
I've had no problems. Oh I had a couple more gray hairs but that's it. Sorry to hear about the other ladies who could not use it. Maybe they are alergic to sulfer. I know a lot of people who are. I love my MTG. I have used it on and off.

I'm thinking the same thing, that some may have an allergy to sulfer also, but that would be with MTG or any sulfer containing compound. I guess I'm not allergic.

Back