Any other Crown & Glory girls here?

LadyPaniolo

I'm just starting the Crown & Glory Extensions reg. My plan is to stay braided up for 2 months, down for 2 weeks with extensive deep conditioning, then repeat. In 2 years I'm hoping to have some serious length.

Who else is doing this? When did you start? Are there any aspects you find difficult?

For anyone who completed thier C&G reg, pass on the tips you learned to help the rest of us!

Been doing see & gee since I started started in Sept 2005. My regimen varies slightly every month.
Here's this month's version

* alternate Boundless Tresses
* poo 2X/week (using one capful of poo to 16oz of water) only on scalp the runoff is enough to clean the hair.
* condition after poo (w/ a cap full of leave-in conditioner mixed w/ 16oz of water (i've been using metatek and aveda for this lately)
* pre-poo overnight (or for a couple days) with my red palm cream.
* I'm using Eqyss Avocado Mist mixed with Eqyss Rehydrant and a little SAA as my braid spray. I follow with red palm cream.
* Steam treatments 1/wk (pre-poo then wrap hair w/ a steaming towel for about 20 minutes) or steam in the leave-in after a poo.

Here's my complete regimen

Last edited:
Dang, Sareca! You are NO JOKE! No wonder your hair looks so gorgeous, with that kind of focus and dedication!

I was just planning on sponging on a leave-in hair strengthener and braid spray, washing the scalp like you said and hoping for the best.

I didn't even know what a steam treatment was, till you said! So much for me to learn...

joyousnerd said:
Dang, Sareca! You are NO JOKE! No wonder your hair looks so gorgeous, with that kind of focus and dedication!

I was just planning on sponging on a leave-in hair strengthener and braid spray, washing the scalp like you said and hoping for the best.

I didn't even know what a steam treatment was, till you said! So much for me to learn...

Girl... I don't joke about my hair. :armyhat: :lachen:

Don't forget the pre-poo. If you're worried about buildup go slow and don't get it on the knot at the top of each braid.
ETA: Ooops, June is wrong. I just updated it.

Last edited:
I was on the Crown and Glory for about 1 year and I did get some serious growth. Only thing is that you can not, I repeat you can not slack off with the moisturizing.

I did for the last couple of months and had to end up cutting some of my hair off cause it wasn't in good, moisturized condition. The best thing would be to do is get some glycerin and some other concotion (you should be able to get a good moisturizing mixture from one of the members who baggy) because you are going to really need the moisture for your hair. I use to mix African Royale Leave-in and Braid Spray together and do it about every 3-4 days which comes out to about twice a week and meant atleast 2 bottles each per month.

Also make sure that you brush your baby hair down and even though it is brushed down don't braid to tightly around the edges even though it won;t be your baby hair.

And make sure to take them out every 2 months and deep condition for one month with LeKair and then put them back in.:)

Oh and my hair grew from the back of my neck to about a few inches above BSL, maybe like 2-3 inches.

chica_canella said:
I was on the Crown and Glory for about 1 year and I did get some serious growth. Only thing is that you can not, I repeat you can not slack off with the moisturizing.

Ok, where were you last month! My hair came out strong, but dry because I was slacking off big time. But slacking for me is once every 3-4 days. I have to moisturize erryday; twice/day is best, but once/day works.

ETA: I add about 25% water to the bowl with my braid spray concoction to keep costs down.

Last edited:
chica_canella said:

I did for the last couple of months and had to end up cutting some of my hair off cause it wasn't in good, moisturized condition. The best thing would be to do is get some glycerin and some other concotion (you should be able to get a good moisturizing mixture from one of the members who baggy) because you are going to really need the moisture for your hair. I use to mix African Royale Leave-in and Braid Spray together and do it about every 3-4 days which comes out to about twice a week and meant atleast 2 bottles each per month.

Also make sure that you brush your baby hair down and even though it is brushed down don't braid to tightly around the edges even though it won;t be your baby hair.

And make sure to take them out every 2 months and deep condition for one month with LeKair and then put them back in.:)

This is great advice! I'm so glad I started this thread.

I've never used glycerin before, but I proly should get some... DH is giving me a hair product shopping spree for my B-day next week, so this is the perfect time!:grin:

With the growth you got, I'm starry eyed and dreaming of BSL!!!

sareca said:
Ok, where were you last month! My hair came out strong, but dry because I was slacking off big time. But slacking for me is once every 3-4 days. I have to moisturize erryday; twice/day is best, but once/day works.

ETA: I add about 25% water to the bowl with my braid spray concoction to keep costs down.

Yeah, I use to mix it with Infusioum 23 leave-in. I forgot about that. But what type of concotion do you use? I am thinking of putting some glycerin, braid spray and leave in conditioner in a bowl or maybe I should add some Stay-Sof fro to that since I think it is cheaper.:look:

joyousnerd said:
This is great advice! I'm so glad I started this thread.

I've never used glycerin before, but I proly should get some... DH is giving me a hair product shopping spree for my B-day next week, so this is the perfect time!:grin:

With the growth you got, I'm starry eyed and dreaming of BSL!!!

It is def up to you. If you have the money to spend on about 4 bottles of leave-in and braid spray a month, I say go for it. That bottles in my area were about $4 a piece, meaning $16 a month. Plus I put Infusium 23 in there too.

But I was thinking that you could just use some of the concotion recipes the ladies here use for their baggying mixtures. I'm still trying to find something but I think it will end up being Sta-Sof fro (whatever the name is) since it is cheaper, some glycerin, spring water, and Leave-in African Royale conditioner.

I'm not sure but I don't think you should just use glycerin by itself.

chica_canella said:
Yeah, I use to mix it with Infusioum 23 leave-in. I forgot about that. But what type of concotion do you use? I am thinking of putting some glycerin, braid spray and leave in conditioner in a bowl or maybe I should add some Stay-Sof fro to that since I think it is cheaper.:look:

I'm using Eqyss Avocado Mist, water, and Eqyss Rehydrant spiked with SAA or oat protein. I've only been duing this about a week tho.

Before that I was using avocado mist and water and oat protein

Before that regular ol' braid spray mixed with aphogee green tea reconstructor and a cream moisturizer (like ORS Olive Oil moisturizer or Keracare)

Every week I take down a few braids down and adjust the braid spray as needed. The pattern is basically (something highly moisturizing, water, and light protein)

sareca said:
I'm using Eqyss Avocado Mist, water, and Eqyss Rehydrant spiked with SAA or oat protein. I've only been duing this about a week tho.

Before that I was using avocado mist and water and oat protein

Before that regular ol' braid spray mixed with aphogee green tea reconstructor and a cream moisturizer (like ORS Olive Oil moisturizer or Keracare)

Every week I take down a few braids down and adjust the braid spray as needed. The pattern is basically (something highly moisturizing, water, and light protein)

Okay, thanks cause I didn't know what the ratios were.

I am new to C & G. I have been taking plenty of notes. I moisturize twice a day (morning and evening) but since I am using MTG and Surge, it seems like my hair is hydrated but my scalp is dry. I am still experimenting with different things to see what is best to keep my scalp hydrated as well as my hair.

Yes I'm also a C&G chick.
before I found this forum I was all over the http://growafrohairlong.com
site. Well I still am but I've got most of it comitted to memory.

I follow the braid regimen I use diluted infusium and African royale. almost everyday.
I do my own version of micro braids once a year around July. I use Human BJ Wet n Wavy hair. And the sections are much bigger than typical micros so I just call them mini braids and I do not tie knots in the braids.

I wash my braids with the sponge or a washcloth using her method too.
I wash my scalp every 2 weeks usually just with hot water and a wash cloth.

I keep cornrows in in the springtime and for a couple months after I take out the mini braids. I haven't used any of her products although I am very curious about the afro detangler.

I agree that you must moisturize very well when using infusium because it is a protein. I think the African Royale spray is an excellent compliment to the infusium.

When I'm not in braids or cornrows, I wash and deep condition once every week.

chica_canella said:
Okay, thanks cause I didn't know what the ratios were.

I put whatever I'm loving in the bowl in equal amounts then add 25% of that with water and a few drops of protein.

I'm on the C&G method. Good luck, if you follow it you'll get great results. I've been doing alternative methods of conditioning my hair with this method and the results have been good. I used a combination of reconstructors and oil as my leave-in and my hair loved it! When I took out the extensions I had a insignificant amount of shedding and breakage. I'll continue doing this, my hair was very soft this time around too. THe trick for me is taking out the extensions around the 7-8 week mark, anything after that will lead to dreading for me, this time around I didn't have those horrid white clumps around the base of the braids.

For cleansing, I would wash every 2 weeks (yeah I was lazy this time) and condition with a Dominican Rinse (Aceite de Oliva)...man let me tell you this works! My braids were so soft and moist feeling. I was very pleased with my results and will continue using this as it works for me.

I do crown and glory. Alerternate between extension twist extentions and natural twist. I make my own braid spray and i mix it with infusium to cut down on cost and steps. For the recipe and my detailed regimine check my journal.

I am C&G since December and will continue through July to come close to completing the challenge.

I do not have individual braids; instead, my hair is braided with Black and Gold brand hair in corn rows which I have redone every two to three weeks. During the unbraided period, which usually last two to four days, I wash and deep condition a couple times. When braided, I wash/condition and rinse every other day. I've had no problem with build up because my braids are not in long enough for that I think.

I spray daily with Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Reconstructor and African Royale Braid Spray in the mornings. I use the Aphogee in the evening and then Boundless Tresses. Before BT, I used rice bran, camellia, or emu oils at night.

Thanks to the ladies here, I have gotten and kept excellent growth (big kudos to Sareca).

The best advice ever is from Sareca - treat your hair braided as you would were it not. It's great advice that really works.

joyousnerd said:
I'm just starting the Crown & Glory Extensions reg. My plan is to stay braided up for 2 months, down for 2 weeks with extensive deep conditioning, then repeat. In 2 years I'm hoping to have some serious length.

Who else is doing this? When did you start? Are there any aspects you find difficult?

For anyone who completed thier C&G reg, pass on the tips you learned to help the rest of us!

I'm doing the crown and glory regimen and I've been doing it since Feburary. I use braid extensions and keep them in for 6 weeks at a time. I usally take a break for a month. I do however plan to be in braids for the whole summer with a 1 week break in between.

One thing I do differently that I believe has helped my hair is deep condition with heat while in braids(thanks to Sareca). I usually make sure not to put conditioner at the root of the braids to prevent build up. I also sponge or squeeze the conditioner into the braid to ensure penetration into my real hair.

The only aspect that I find challenging is sponging the braidspray/infusium 23 mix into the braids every other day. I do that once a week or just spray the mix into my hair every 2-3 days. Spraying my hair with braidspray every day is easy. Other than that, I think this regimen is very simple and I always get awesome growth, retain all my length and my hair comes out strong and moisturized. The only length I lose is when I trim. Good luck!

Last edited:
With C&G I grew my hair from 1 inch to about 6.5 inches in a year time. Well it will be a year at the end of this month. I love crown n glory it helps me to leave my hair alone.

YES---Please count me in. I've reached a dead in with hair growth and feel braids (C&G)will allow my hair to grow. I will admit, washing my hair and moisturizing it properly maybe difficult for me...But this is a CHALLENGE,right????

I'm doing the C & G until my wedding next summer. I start C & G Jan 2006 and I will end it June 2008.

I leave my braids in for 5 to 7 months at a time. :cool:

Having all this C and G talk is making me miss my braids so much.

joyousnerd said:

I am
I started in october 2005
The difficult part is to braid myself it takes a lot of time but I don't trust others hands
Here is my regimen:

1/ weaves and box braids xith extensions are in for 5/6 weeks!
  • Moisturize once a day with my homemade lotion(in a spray bottle:
    Spring water and aloe vera(500 ml)
    +
    oils(carrot,almond,avocado,olive,castor) 2 or 3 teaspoons for each oil
    +
    glycerin(30ml)
    +
    Le KaÏR cholesterol (10 teaspoons)
    +
    Essential oil(ylang ylang or rosemary or lavender)
    30 drops
  • Once by week : Cowash with diluted conditionner.
  • Shampoo and deep conditionning every 6 weeks after removing weaves or other style.
  • Get the style redone immediately after airdrying or two weeks after.
  • my braids are NOT TIGHT and i re-do the front and the back every two weeks
2/ Now it summer I'm doing just twist and twist-out, flat twist-out and heat style!
  • I'm doing deep treatment:le Kair cholesterol +avocado treatment (courtesy of Candy-C)every 7 to 14 days following by a conditionner wash!
  • I poo once a month with dep treatment too!
  • moisturize hair every day
  • my style are in for 7 to 14 days (between cowashing)

Wow, so many great tips from you girls!

I wish I had the time/energy to do half of the treatments that many of you have mentioned... as it is I can see that I am slacking off with the moisturizing.

I tried the S-curl, and it did make my braids very moist for days. BUT my scalp got gooey and glyceriny (OK, so that's not a word! :lol:) and I didn't care for that. I'm going to try that again, but I'll be super careful to avoid my scalp with it.

I've washed my scalp but am afraid to wash the braids themselves for fear they'll get horribly frizzy and rough looking. I suppose I could just sponge on the shampoo/water mix.

It's hard to devote tons of attention to my braids when I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep a night. The joys of pregnancy... lol

Yeah i'm one of these, my hair is at an annoying length so into braids or cornrows it goes till at least December. I'm co-washing or drenching once a day, MTG/ BT everyday, MN on the hairline, wash and DC once a week with Aveda DR. Re-do my cornrows everyweek after wash and that's bout it :yep:

I'm actually going to start the Crown &Glory method starting July2nd, becuase I'm soooo soick of wearing this bun,and I need some versitility. I will keep you posted on my growth.

Back