Any One Using Silk Elements Products?

La Colocha

I would like to know is there anyone using silk elements products? shampoo,conditioner,moisturizer and cholesterol. Sally's website has a lot of good reviews. It seems like a really good line and i have it on my wish list but i would like to hear more reviews.By the way i am natural.

I've used their leave in moisturizer, which is really nice. Tried the moisturizing treatment, but I had to add stuff to it. Used the lye relaxer in both regular and coarse, but my hair seems to laugh hysterically at it. I have a packet of the luxury conditioner, but haven't tried it. OH! And I have their glossing polish (silicone serum). It's thick, but I'm fine with that, because my thick, coarse hair laughs at thinner serums.

I have relaxed 4b hair, by the way.

I use the relaxer, leave in, Deep conditioning, and glossing polish for shine. Oooh....and the heat protectant. Does wonders for my hair and my daughter!

I did not like their products when I tried them. I used the deep conditioner, and the hair moisturizer (I forgot the proper names for them), and both just made my hard feel hard and coated.

My opinion on Silk Elements products are that they are fabulous... They are quality AND affordable - and that's hard to find together.

I wrote in my notes and on my list in the last few days (for when I make my next Sally's run) lol... That I'm planning to test out the Leave-In and see if I can replace my Rusk, with it. I go in Sally's with a list like I'm shopping for groceries lol.

I would like to know is there anyone using silk elements products? shampoo,conditioner,moisturizer and cholesterol. Sally's website has a lot of good reviews. It seems like a really good line and i have it on my wish list but i would like to hear more reviews.By the way i am natural.

i use the:

• relaxer
  • shampoo
  • conditioner(s)
  • glossing serum
  • heat protectant
  • the silken child detangler
  • hair color

i have no complaints thus far and i started using the line i'd say over 6 months ago....

I use the relaxer (Mild Lye Shea Butter) and the DC (Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment) and they are FAB! Especially the DC, my hair looooves it. The relaxer is VERY MILD and if you have think and/or resistant hair you may want to look elsewhere, I don't mind because I only use it to loosen my curls a bit (I leave it on for about 7 mintues).

I love the glossing polish. I use it to seal after I wash my hair and as a heat protectant. I have good results with the regular lye relaxer (regular strength). I did not really like the megasilk conditioner.

I absolutely love the MegaCholesterol Treatment. The best! I love to deep condition with this conditioner. I recommend it to everyone.

I have mixed reviews so far.

The Shea Butter relaxer has been the worst perm I have used since I have started my journey with growing out my hair. My hair is shedding really bad and the only thing I changed with my regiment is doing my 12 week touch with this product. I will never use it again.

I love how the heat protectant smells and works on my hair, but I find it just a little too heavy for my fine hair.

I absolutely love the megasilk moisturizing treatment. I know for a fact I will only stick with product from now on.

I am in LOVE with their luxury shampoo and conditioner, it is really making my new growth easy to comb at 6 months post. It smells nice just amazing. I can't co-sign their relaxer because that I did not like but their shampoo and conditioner is the best! especially the luxury moisturizing line :)

Currently use:
- MegaSilk Relaxer with Shea Butter (regular) - LOVE IT!!!
- Revive & Restore Stimulating Herbal Shamoo - great
- Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment - ok
- Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (packet) - ok
- MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment (packet) - ok

Going to pick up soon:
- Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo
- Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment
- MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise
- Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray or MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray (going to compare the ingredients to infusium to see if its worth the switch)

overall I think its a great line

For the past month or so, I've been using:

SE Megasilk Intense Conditioning Mayo
SE Megasilk Leave-In hair Moisturizing Cream
SE Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment

I like them all so far. I haven't used them long enough to consider them staples but at least one of them (the olive Moist. Treatment) will probably make it to the staple list. My only complaint is about the smells. They are HIGHLY fragrant almost to the point of being overpowering. That took getting used to for me.

My last retouch I used the SE Lye Mild Relaxer...it was okay at first but I noticed lots of shedding after a few weeks. I won't be using it again. I really wanted to love it.

Funny you should mention it because I relaxed my hair with the SE regular Lye today and am quite happy with the results. Considering I was nervous about doing a lye relaxer on my own, I thought it was gentle, had very little scalp irritation, and my hair has life and body. However, I do agree with the earlier poster that if your hair is very resistent this may not be for you. It does not seem to be as stong but that is perfect for me.

Otherwise, I have their shampoo, conditioner, Megasilk Moistuizing DC, curl defining foam, and Heat protectant and have been quite satified. I am still in my experimentation phase but I would have no problem making them staples.

Back