• I tried it and hated it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never heard of it

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • I refuse to try it

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Sweetgirl08

I bought this thinking it was a bootleg version of the BKT. Since I'm scared and not at all ready to do a BKT at home I thought I'd give this a try.

First off has anyone already tried it? After reading the warning on the side of the box and seeing that it included gloves, I'm a little nervous.

• do not use on hair that is damaged, due to chemical processes such as bleaching, highlights, relaxing with lye or no-lye
  • do not use on hair that is breaking, splitting or otherwise damaged
  • do not use if you have already had a reaction to a thiol product
  • do not use if you have an irritated scalp
  • do not use on relaxed hair

and these are the ingredients:

20 min Smooth-it Serum ingredients
water,
cysteine,
ethanolamine,
PEG-14 dimethicone,
hexadimethrine chloride,
aminomethyl propanol,
polysorbate 20,
oleth-20,
hydroxyethylcellulose,
hydroxypropyl guar,
cetrimonium chloride,
dimethicone PEG-7 phosphate,
fragrance,
pentasodium pentetate

Heat activated perfect-it cream
water,
amodimethicone,
cetearyl alcohol,
trideceth-5,
polyquaternium-37,
phenoxyethanol,
propylene glycol
dicaprylate/dicaprate,
steareth-20,
fragrance,
phenyl trimethicone,
cetyl hydroxyethycellilose,
trideceth-10,
PPG-1 trideceth-6,
oryza sativa branoil/ rice bran oil,
limonene,
chlorhexidine digluconate,
linalool,
sodium nitrate,
butylphenyl methylpropional,
hexyl cinnamal,
citronellol,
silica,
benzyl alcohol,
polysorbate 60,
citral,
sodium acetate,
sodium hydroxide,
citric acid

I want this option so I wouldn't have to apply as much heat when I straighten my natural 4a hair. The box does say "this is a non permanent styling aid. its not a relaxer or straightener..." and it also says it last up to 7 shampoos which would be at least three or four months.
............but...........
Seeing all those warnings makes me think it might not be such a good idea. So again, what say you? have you tried it, known someone who's tried and if so what was the outcome?
TIA

Garnier+Blow+Dry.jpg

a couple reviews on youtube .cant wait to be natural so I can use it!!last up 7-10 washes..hair does revert somewhat but slowly

I looked on YouTube but only got reviews from those that wear curly styles and were looking to elongate their curl pattern. :/. I wouldn't say my hair is totally damaged but it is thin and I have a fair amount of split ends which concerns me. I might still try it when I wash in about a wk or so.

i was reading in a magazine about it, and it said it worked like a relaxer. not sure how, but that statement in itself made me not want to try it.

I'm really curious about this, but now that I know it can't be used on relaxed hair, oh well. I wonder what ingredients in it "relax" the hair???

So, I tried it. No positive or negatives to say about it really. One thing though, I rarely shampoo and following the directions to a tee, I had major detangling issues before and after the treatment. After my first shampoo, no difference in curl pattern(I saw no loosening whatsoever).... I had an easier time blowdrying and straightening without this crap. So maybe it wasn't for my 4a tresses but I WON'T be using again. :(

Back