Any one still Wet Wrap??

cocoadiva2

I'm nape length right now, and roller-setting is driving me nuts. :wallbash:

Is wet wrapping a no-no? Will that level of manipulation do damage to
my hair? I used to have these done a million years ago, but I cant remember how my hair responded to it then.

Is anyone doing this successfully?

I'm not wet wrapping but would like to switch to it since I'm tired of how long it takes to rollerset.

you know, Im still neck length and i used to do this faithfully before my LHCF days, but recently i tried it, and pulling that fine tooth comb thru it pulled out so much of my hair, i had to stop! Plus i fell in love with the body i get from rollersetting so wet wrapping is out for me.

When I was neck length and chin length, I wet wrapped for a couple of weeks post relaxer. Then when the NG started getting out of control, I blow dried or roller set. However, in retrospect, I think that dragging a fine toothed comb through wet hair probably wasn't the greatest idea.

Thanks ladies, I think I will forget the wet-wrap. In the meantime I'll stick
to my ponytail roller-set until my rollersetting dvd arrives.

Just looking for a short cut when doing my co-washes. I've been spending a lot of time under the dryer.

I do sometimes. I don't lose much hair, but my hair is not that long either. I use BB Wrap Foam and tie it down with a scarf. I don't even flat iron afterwards and it comes out pretty straight.

I still do. Only under certain circumstances. I make sure that:

My hair is soaking wet
I use a conditioner that provides good slip
Use a wide tooth comb to wrap, then i use a soft bristle brush
NEVER NEVER NEVER on hair that is in serious need of a relaxer (so basically only up to 6 weeks post)

And I wrap on medium heat since I may have to blow out some of the non straightened parts

Back