Any MTG Ladies Try This????

I'd be willing to try this if it really did take away the funk, but really, the original made me gag and throw up, so I'm scared to even try it. :barf:

I'd be willing to try this if it really did take away the funk, but really, the original made me gag and throw up, so I'm scared to even try it. :barf:

On the site it says the smell is not like the original MTG, they have added a fragrance to eliminate the funk. :lachen:This is what I found on the site:

Frequently Asked Questions . . .
Q: How often should I apply Sulu Max Gro?

A: Sulu Max Gro should be applied as needed depending on your hair type and hair regimen. Successful results have been achieved by using once daily to once weekly.

Q: What is Cade oil?

A: Cade oil, or Juniperus oxycedrus, comes from a large evergreen shrub. The oil is extracted from the wood through steam distillation. Many parts of the plant are used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes. Cade oil is often found in ointments for skin disorders. Please note only rectified cade oil is used in Sulu Max Gro as it is the purest form available.

Q: Why use Mineral Oil?

A:We use mineral oil because it’s the carrier oil used in the Original M-T-G formula and has proven itself with consistent results.

Q: How soon will I see results?

A:The time it takes to see results will vary with every individual. Customers have reported seeing results in just one day, and up to two or more weeks.

Q: Can Sulu Max Gro be mixed with any other ingredients to improve the scent?

A:We don’t recommend mixing any other ingredient. It’s been tested to work as formulated and when other ingredients are added we cannot control the expected outcome.

Q: How soon will I receive my package after placing an order on line?

A:Your order is processed the next business day and is shipped by USPS Priority Mail, which takes only 2-3 days.
Q: What if I have special instructions for shipping?

A:
Please add any special instructions to the comments section of your online order.

Q: Can Sulu Max Gro be purchased in any stores?

A:At this time, Sulu Max Gro is only available through our online store at www.suluhair.com or by calling 1-888-879-7858.
Q: Who can use Sulu Max Gro?

A:Sulu Max Gro can be used by anyone who wants to create an environment for optimum hair growth.
Q: Is this the same product as Original M-T-G?

A:
Yes. The company making Max Gro has the same owners as the company making Original M-T-G. The formula is essentially the same. A fragrance has been added to eliminate the distinctive smell, and the packaging has been changed for easier application.
Q: Should I massage Max Gro into the scalp or apply it to both the scalp and hair?

A:For best results, massage Max Gro onto the scalp. However, Max Gro is also effective as a conditioner when applied to the hair.
Q: What products can I mix with Max Gro for quicker results?

A:Since Max Gro is effective when applied by itself, we strongly recommend not mixing it with other products.

Q: Can I use Max Gro if I’m covering my hair with a wig?

A:Yes. You can use Max Gro if your hair is covered or exposed.
Q: How will I know if I’m allergic to the product?
A: You should always spot test for allergies or sensitivities. Just apply a small amount to the wrist area 24 hours prior to use on the scalp/hair. Check for any discomfort, or visible or palpable reactions.

The funk is faint not gone. Works the same. I used this one with my daughter. Original MTG has a heavier smoked/burnt scent.

Excellent results. Works great.:yep:

See my daughters results in my fotki, mariofmagdal no password needed.

Thanks! I cant wait to get mines!!! I only ordered one but I may have to get some more cause I would like you use it in my daughters hair as well..

Your daughter had some great growth..and she has such beautiful hair!

Have you ever used Wild hair growth oil? If so which one do you think smell worse?

Thanks! I cant wait to get mines!!! I only ordered one but I may have to get some more cause I would like you use it in my daughters hair as well..

Your daughter had some great growth..and she has such beautiful hair!

Have you ever used Wild hair growth oil? If so which one do you think smell worse?

Thanks a bunch for your kind comments.
Never used WGO, have no clue what it smells like. This smells like bacon fat for real. :yep:

What are those other products they have?

www.groganics.com

I used groganics hair growing wild hair grease to keep her braids together, her hair is really soft. I washed her hair with groganics shampoo and conditioner. I did this for the entire first year. I also baggied her whole head when using the sulu, while in braids. I was trying to quickly grow out an unwanted perm. Those are the results. I started using Aphogee Shampoo and Conditioner after the first year.

I don't regularly use the sulu and groganics anymore as she is growing very nicely right now, and I have a handle on the two textures she still has. Not sure at which point I will cut the straight ends, thankfully she suffered no breakage whatsoever.

my sulu max just came in the mail today.. I'm using it on my daughters hair right now and it doesnt smell that bad at all..I can smell a little bit of the bacony smell..but other than that it smells okay..not stinky at all to me.. I've been using WHG oil I can can definately say that this smells a million times better... I hope this works just as well as the regular MTG. We shall see :)

I bought this and I think it smells just as bad as the MTG. I used to use tiny amounts of the MTG with my other oil blend because of the smell or pre-poo with it straight.

I don't know about using Sulu straight and going out in public. Even using as a pre-poo and shampooing and conditioning with very fragrant products, the smell lingers.

I bought this and I think it smells just as bad as the MTG. I used to use tiny amounts of the MTG with my other oil blend because of the smell or pre-poo with it straight.

I don't know about using Sulu straight and going out in public. Even using as a pre-poo and shampooing and conditioning with very fragrant products, the smell lingers.

wow..i dont understand..Yes it has a strong smell but it just doesnt stink to me.. I guess everyone just has their own definition of stinky i guess.. I consider things such as throw up, booboo, trash..or spoiled food as stinky.. this just smells strong and and kind of weird..

but even if I dont think it stinks I guess it
better to not go out in public with it..others might find it stinky..

I'm going to ask my husband and see what he thinks. better yet I'll just wait and see if he notices..

my sulu max just came in the mail today.. I'm using it on my daughters hair right now and it doesnt smell that bad at all..I can smell a little bit of the bacony smell..but other than that it smells okay..not stinky at all to me.. I've been using WHG oil I can can definately say that this smells a million times better... I hope this works just as well as the regular MTG. We shall see :)

I am sure it works the same. I have not used the regular MTG on my daughter. She got excellent results.:yep:

5 when I started, now 6. Please remember to do a skin test.
I know it is Derm tested, I checked anyway.

oh good.. I just wanted to make sure it was ok for my young one... I didnt a skin test but I think she will be okay. I dont think she is allergic to sulfur.

Haven't tried it, but definitely intrigued. Thanks for the site, I'm gonna read up on it more. Considering buying another bottle of MTG to use (haven't used since like 05/06). I can definitely keep up the use, since I'm wearing wigs (will help mask the smell). Also, I plan to add EO's like lavender or peppermint to MTG to cut down on the bacon smell. I can tolerate it, I'm just being sensitive to other ppl's noses! lol

ETA: I would like to purchase this Sulu oil possibly to use on my daughter's hair...I want it a lot longer than it is! But, she's still got a long way to grow (a toddler).

I haven't. I have the original one. I might check it out if I see more people with results with this one. I have so many oils already though. It did thicken out my hairline. :)

Ohhhhh i've tried it...:ohwell:
what a NIGHTMARE. it's so cheap (as compared to mega tek, for example) so it seems like a really really good deal but it smells just as BAD as the original.... in fact, I added an ENTIRE bottle of peppermint oil to it and it just swallowed it up almost as if I didn't put ANYTHING IN IT! In fact, to be honest, there is NO fragrance to make it smell better, in fact, maybe they didn't put enough in the batch but it smelled just as bad as ever if not worse lol

It shipped quickly which was cool but the applicator top that was on it was cheap and didn't work well... also, they put the whole product in a knotted plastic bag and when I got it it had already leaked into the bag....to be honest, I think they just re-marketed/recycled the same product, marked it up price-wise (MTG in the bigger bottle smells just as bad but at least they give WAY more)....

However, I did make it work the few times I tried and I was actually able to HIDE the scent of it by doing the following:
-I would wash and condition my hair
-apply sulu straight to my scalp (only a little it melts easily and spreads so you don't want it running down your face)
-put oyin's whipped shea butter on my scalp and hair after
-top it all off with pure peppermint essential oil (applying e.o. straight to your scalp can be dangerous- but because of the layers of product, i've never had any problems or irritation

the smell went right away but my skin was too sensitive to the sulfur so I stopped altogether, lol... ohhhhh well! but I hope this helped! let me know!

BTW: WATCH WHERE YOU PUT THE BOTTLE!!! the oil seeps down the sides of the bottle (no matter how careful) gets on counter tops and gets everywhere , the scent is impossible to get out of the air/counters and for some reason, no matter what i'd do, it would get all over my hands because it spreads so easily everywhere (even when using gloves)

Last edited:

These might be better to see comparisons.

I totally agree with you...
the product DOES work- in fact, the original MTG ALWAYS worked for me and helped to grow my hair (in fact when I originally transitioned it grew me an inch a month before I couldn't the skin irritation anymore) but i'm not into the false advertising that it actually smells better.... they'd have to add a heck of a lot more of something to it to fix that mess lol....

Back