Any last minute advice??

I am going back for a salon visit after one year of "doing-it-myself". It's not that I can't straighten my own hair well. I just want to treat myself and not have to spend 4 hours just flatironing. (no exaggeration!)

I'm VERY nervous.

I'm going to a stylist at a dominican salon who my friend has highly recommended and praises. She greeted me so warmly when I walked in to ask her some questions and I made an appointment for tomorrow.

-It has been awhile since I have cut or trimmed my hair , I have splits so I know that issue will arise. '
-I am also going to deep condition my hair tonight to prep for the heat that is to come.

I appreciate any advice anyone has for me...

I am going back for a salon visit after one year of "doing-it-myself". It's not that I can't straighten my own hair well. I just want to treat myself and not have to spend 4 hours just flatironing. (no exaggeration!)

I'm VERY nervous.

I'm going to a stylist at a dominican salon who my friend has highly recommended and praises. She greeted me so warmly when I walked in to ask her some questions and I made an appointment for tomorrow.

-It has been awhile since I have cut or trimmed my hair , I have splits so I know that issue will arise. '
-I am also going to deep condition my hair tonight to prep for the heat that is to come.

I appreciate any advice anyone has for me...
Why is it taking you 4 hours to straighten your hair?

Are you getting a blowout then. I'm scared already but please let us know how it goes. I guess make sure communication is in total agreement.

Why is it taking you 4 hours to straighten your hair?

I really am not sure. :sad: The whole straightening hair is an overnight process for me. I wash DC and blowdry night before. Sleep in braids because my arms are too tired to continue. Wake up and straighten using chase method and my ceramic flat iron and that takes 4 hours.

I really am not sure. :sad: The whole straightening hair is an overnight process for me. I wash DC and blowdry night before. Sleep in braids because my arms are too tired to continue. Wake up and straighten using chase method and my ceramic flat iron and that takes 4 hours.
Wow...I've never heard of it taking anyone that long to straighten their hair unless the hair is butt length and longer. Oh well, if its taking you that long, then having someone else do it is a wise decision. Good luck!

Back