Any inexpensive hair care/ cosmetology classes in the D.C. area?

Jessica Rabbit

I think I may want to learn how to do/care for hair better. Especially braiding. At this time I have no plans on becoming a stylist or anything, but just want to learn a new trade/skill. I may do others hair eventually or frequently but I just want to try something new and maybe just have a small customer base. If I got really good or it really picked up, we'll see from there. I feel that we are truly lacking in knowledgeable and affordable stylists who care about hair health. I've looked up a few places but it seems kind of steep. Anybody else know of anything?

I've used the internet to help me make money doing hair. You can order DVDs that shows how to do different techniques like braiding and weaving and work your way up. THe only school I know of in DC is Dudley's Cosmetology school. The program is 7k which isn't too bad compared to other Beauty schools out there. Maybe some other members in the DC area can chime in...bump

You can try Montgomery Beauty School. The address is 8736 Arliss Street, Silver Spring, MD 20901.I don't know how much their classes cost but you can call them at (301)588-3570.

Prince George's Community College in Largo, MD used to offer a braiding class. You can try to look at their "non credit" courses. I think there were different levels, Intro, Intermediate and Advanced.

I've used the internet to help me make money doing hair. You can order DVDs that shows how to do different techniques like braiding and weaving and work your way up. THe only school I know of in DC is Dudley's Cosmetology school. The program is 7k which isn't too bad compared to other Beauty schools out there. Maybe some other members in the DC area can chime in...bump

Me too!:grin::grin:

Back