Any increased growth from protein/amino acids?

Bobbie

To Armyqt and others who have taken protein shakes, increased protein in their diet or have taken amino acid pills:

Have you received any increased in hair growth from increased protein (not to be confused with growth from biotin, msm or other vits).
If so, by how much?
What did you use to get your protein?

I want to increase my protein intake but it's getting pretty expensive finding a good shake that tastes good and pack alot of protein (about $30 bucks a month).
shocked.gif

When I was o the Atkins diet, I ate a lot of hard boiled aggs. Around the same time, I started taking biotin, MSM, and anino acid supplements. My hair shot out of my head but who knows which one or which combo did the trick. I still take the supplements and nothing remarkable is happening in terms of growth rate, but the texture of my new growth has changed.

I haven't been consistent enough with my shakes to really get a great benefit from them. Protein supplementation is the one thing in my simple vitamin regime that is quite hard for me. I know the protein will be amazing but I just can't seem to stay consistent. If I could find a protein pill, I'd be good to go. However, these are usually too large for me to even consider swallowing.

I can vouch for the benefits of protein to help increase growth. I too, have been slacking on my shakes, but I am sure to eat one egg white per day.

I dont take any of forms of supplementation. I used to take vits, but the results were iffy.

well, I know that a lot of people were doing the protein challenge...is that over now, are people still on it?

i started eating egg whites last year, but only twice a mth.
i've been drinking slimfast orange/pineapple shakes everyday for a year for breakfast and they have soy protein. i don't know if they have contributed. I'm presently looking to take a whey protein shake daily and i've been taking pp amino 1500 consistently since november and it's my biggest source of protein, so when i get my next blowout I'll know if it's working.

let us know if it works! i know in the hair formula 37 vitamins (specifically step 2), it's all amino acids, and on the website, it says step 2 is the key process in getting increased hair growth...

will post as i get more information...

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
JenJen, how do you get those things down. Amino pills are so huge
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was taking the liquid Aminos that are like thick Orange Juice Syrup. This one:

tl-1424.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
JenJen, how do you get those things down. Amino pills are so huge
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was taking the liquid Aminos that are like thick Orange Juice Syrup. This one:

tl-1424.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, OK. Thanks.

Back